Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Taking kids to bus stop

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:04 pm
My son started school today and being that he is my oldest and my husband has to leave early for work at 8:20 I took three kids down to the corner to wait for the bus. I was the only person there with little kids. I was shocked. Who is watching your other kids when you go to bus stop? You leave your six year old to watch the younger ones? Is your husband home? I am just curious how no one else had to bring their little ones.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:14 pm
I don't have this issue, my husband is home then, but in theory I would leave a 6 your old home to watch a younger one, (not sure how many) provided the bus runs on schedule and I know it'll be max 5 minutes.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:21 pm
Wouldn't the 6 year-old be in first or second grade already, and going on the bus?

The kids at home would have to be 4 and younger.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:30 pm
I used to take the kids out with me. But if the weather wasn't good I'd keep a baby/toddler in the crib and let them know I'll be right back. I was never too far from the house. Sometimes I would stand where they could see me from the window etc.
I am lucky that my kids who are young and need me to stand with them have private transportation right in front of the house

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 5:26 pm
My kids walked to school. I hired a teenage girl who went to the same school (preschool-12) to walk them there. Not for anything would I leave young kids in the house alone for even a minute. If I had something to do, I either took them with me or waitedtill I could get someone to stay with them.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 6:15 pm
I took the baby with me for 3 years (before she too started going on the bus), 2 blocks down, rain, sleet, snow, cold, heat. It was hard! There was tons of bundling and unbundling many many times per day.

SingALong

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 7:43 pm
I have my cleaning lady come early and start her work day by then. She can watch the baby and toddler while I wait for the bus with the older kids.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 7:57 pm
That was one reason that I decided to do carpool instead of busing this year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics