Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bet Yaakov of the Jersey Shore High School

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 10:34 am
A few people have recommended this school for my DD. Any info would be appreciated. DD is intelligent but not socially savvy. She has a hard time finding her place in a big crowd. Needs a little TLC.
Also, we are noy Sephardi- is BYJS a strictly Sephardi school?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 10:23 pm
dd went there for 7th and 8th grade. She was the only non sefardi girl in her class. She still enjoyed it and had friends there. When we were thinking of sending her there, I was told by others (not the school) that ashkenazi girls go there too. There were a few others (I think) in other grades.
Can't answer to the social issues, sorry.
The staff is great.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:35 pm
I don't know if you are the mom from a different thread but I will answer you what answered in that thread.
It is very Syrian. My Persian cousin loved it but walked out of there promising she will never marry a SYRIAN. And she didn't! My cousin is a quiet girl.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:20 pm
Any recent information? Are there more Ashkenazi girls? What is the overall hashkafa of the school (in regards to movies, students' social media etc). Thanks!

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Any recent information? Are there more Ashkenazi girls? What is the overall hashkafa of the school (in regards to movies, students' social media etc). Thanks!

I don't know much about the school, but I heard they don't like taking Lakewood girls. So if you're from Lakewood, keep that in mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children