Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
6 year old hasn't lost a tooth yet

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 4:17 pm
He doesn't even have a loose one. He's desperately waiting for it to happen. He said he's the only one in the class who hasn't lost a tooth yet. I read him Arthur's Tooth, which helped a little. Any other advice? He's due for a dentist visit soon. Should I bring it up with the dentist?

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 4:46 pm
I didn't lose a teeth until mid-way through 1st grade. Like Arthur's tooth says "between the ages of 4-7 children lose their baby teeth" Everyone is different.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 4:49 pm
Did his teeth come in later than average as a baby?

My son got his first tooth at 12 months and lost his first tooth at 7 1/2.
My dd got her first tooth at 7 months and lost it at 7 yrs old.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 4:50 pm
My daughter's first tooth fell out at 8. (Her first tooth came in at age 1.) There's nothing to worry about, the teeth will just be stronger. But if you're worried you can have the dentist xray so you can see the new teeth growing in behind the baby teeth.

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:05 pm
I also lost my first tooth Midway through 1st grade, but my birthday is later in the year, so I had just turned 6. He is 6.5 already. His teeth came in about average, 6 or 7 months if I recall.

OutATowner

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:16 pm
DD got her first tooth around 6 months, and lost her first tooth two or three months before she turned 7. The dentist can reassure you.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:52 pm
It shouldn't be a problem unless the new teeth are coming out. By 7.5 my dd hadn't lost any yet and the new ones were already coming in so at that point she needed to get them pulled so that the new ones were in the right spot. The dentist will let you know if there's anything to be concerned about but 6.5 isn't too old.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 4:58 pm
I lost my first tooth in second grade. To make me feel better, people told me my grownup teeth would fall out later....

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 8:45 pm
I lost my first tooth when I was eight and a half I believe I was in third grade at the time.
I remember sitting on the dentist chair when I was 19 they had to pull out my teeth and the dentist asked me if I'm 12 years old because according to my teeth it look like I was a 12 year old.
Not only that, now I'm 27 and my wisdom teeth are starting to grow in now. It's the only thing that was late everything else I'm fine with.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 9:50 pm
Dentist fears?

yogabird

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 10:05 pm
6 isn't old but I recently read that losing baby teeth late can be a sign of thyroid dysfunction

seeker

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 11:31 pm
6 is average, not late. Sure, go ahead and bring it up with the dentist, but you can probably expect some loose teeth over the next year or so.

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 2:10 am
amother wrote:
Did his teeth come in later than average as a baby?

My son got his first tooth at 12 months and lost his first tooth at 7 1/2.
My dd got her first tooth at 7 months and lost it at 7 yrs old.

Exactly. My oldest got her first tooth at 15 months and didn't lose her first until sometime in second grade

sweet

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:34 am
My son is in second grade , 7 years old ,and hasn't lost a baby tooth yet.
He was walking before he got teeth -13 months.
My daughter is 9 and she also only started losing teeth in second grade.
None of my kids got teeth before 12 months at the earliest, so I expect their teeth to fall out late.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:50 am
amother wrote:
Dentist fears?

?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:01 am
He doesn't need a book about teeth, a visit or being treated as different. 6 is absolutely normal.

my mama

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:38 am
I think it's fine. I lost my first tooth mid third grade, last baby tooth in tenth Smile. Don't think it's worrisome
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children