Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Bunk bed advice + Anyone used bunkbedking?
Previous  1  2

L K

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:48 pm
dina125 wrote:
I went for the tall bunkbeds for that reason - when kids are older, I want the lower bunk to still work well for them. Do you have any people you know in real life with bunk beds that you can take a look at to get a better idea of heights?

That's exactly what I wanted to do.
I went to see them in the store today but they had none on the floor, and the sale ends tonight.

Is it hard to change linen on a tall one?

L K

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:
With 8' ceilings they'll be able to sit comfortably even when they're older.

I meant a kid older than 5 sitting on the lower bunk- would it be too low?

L K

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:53 pm
Just curious, are such beds made specifically for lower ceilings, like 7'

dina125

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:56 pm
L K wrote:
That's exactly what I wanted to do.
I went to see them in the store today but they had none on the floor, and the sale ends tonight.

Is it hard to change linen on a tall one?

I usually get my child to put the fitted sheet onto the mattress on one side while kid is on top, while I do the other side while standing near the bed and then we try to tuck in around the sides. It is a bit awkward, but honestly I don't know if it would be much better making the top bunk on a shorter bunkbed. Hatzlacha in your decision - whatever you end up getting should work out well for your needs!

L K

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:43 pm
I've decided against the short ones so far.
If anyone has been watching bunkbedking prices, do you remember the tall ones or trundles going on sale?

nicole81

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:51 pm
OOC, have you tried calling Katz in the Cradle? Based on a model I've compared, Katz is $60 more but also includes delivery up to the second floor bedrooms as well as assembly.

L K

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:07 pm
nicole81 wrote:
OOC, have you tried calling Katz in the Cradle? Based on a model I've compared, Katz is $60 more but also includes delivery up to the second floor bedrooms as well as assembly.

Nope, I'm not really familiar with New York stores. I googled it but can't see anything online. How do you know what they carry?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:32 pm
Hatzlacha furniture usually has the best all inclusive prices. I believe they'll deliver to Lakewood so it's worth calling and checking. 718-387-4479

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:46 pm
So my kids had wooden bunk beds very sturdy however we had to get rid of it because we got hit by bed bugs then we bought meddle one however it wasn't as sturdy then when we moved we bought again wooden one from Raymor and Flanagan twin over full size and it has draws on the bottom very very good the best we had so far and they have warranty

L K

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 10:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Hatzlacha furniture usually has the best all inclusive prices. I believe they'll deliver to Lakewood so it's worth calling and checking. 718-387-4479

Do you know their price range? Our local store offers bunk beds for close to a thousand; I'm really not looking to spend that much.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics