Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Good shoes, properly fit, under $70?
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:51 pm
Auuuuugh they don't come in my size!!! And I'm not sure if booties style will work. I don't know, I've never had booties as a full-time school shoe before, is it comfortable?

yogabird

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:54 pm
seeker wrote:
Auuuuugh they don't come in my size!!! And I'm not sure if booties style will work. I don't know, I've never had booties as a full-time school shoe before, is it comfortable?

I don't know, this particular child complains that her feet hurt no matter what she's wearing on her feet, arches and all, but these have nice arch support, are soft and supple, have a flexible rubber sole and seem all around comfortable.

The reason we went with booties was because regular mary janes weren't deep enough to accommodate her arches.

Zehava

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:02 pm
Royal family shoes has a store in Williamsburg. They fit excellent and shoes run at around 65$ a pair.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:07 pm
seeker wrote:

I had this shoe in previous years (for both genders). It wore beautifully and was very comfortable.

petiteruchy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:32 pm
my daughter has very narrow feet and we have luck with this company. fun colours, very light and comfy.

https://www.mapshoes.com/shop.html

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:38 pm
petiteruchy wrote:
my daughter has very narrow feet and we have luck with this company. fun colours, very light and comfy.

https://www.mapshoes.com/shop.html

Thanks. I had once tried one from that company and it was all wrong so I never tried again, but maybe it was just that one style. I do see one that looks like it might be nice for school.

I love how instead of "synthetic" they are "vegan friendly" LOL

crust

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:39 pm
seeker wrote:
Thanks. I had once tried one from that company and it was all wrong so I never tried again, but maybe it was just that one style. I do see one that looks like it might be nice for school.

Lol vegan friendly...
Were you matzliach with yoox?

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:39 pm
Also, the way our feet go I can't shop on websites that don't have free returns. Any idea where else to find these?

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:49 pm
Believe it or not I couldn't find the search field on yoox... but right now I have a bunch of online orders pending, this place will look like a shoe store in a couple of days, and if nothing fits I'm going to tear my hair out because we are already having meltdowns every morning about being the only one in the universe without school shoes.

crust

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:52 pm
seeker wrote:
Believe it or not I couldn't find the search field on yoox... but right now I have a bunch of online orders pending, this place will look like a shoe store in a couple of days, and if nothing fits I'm going to tear my hair out because we are already having meltdowns every morning about being the only one in the universe without school shoes.

Oy please!! No shoes AND no hair???
Please. Dont do it.

If you tell me which size and style I can search yoox for you.

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:55 pm
Let's wait and see what the UPS guy brings us tomorrow Wink

crust

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:59 pm
seeker wrote:
Let's wait and see what the UPS guy brings us tomorrow Wink

To think about all the returns At wits end

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 10:05 pm
I have a fine printer and a UPS drop box right downstairs, I'm good with returns Wink
The only returns I'll need to do in person are Nordstrom Rack and possibly Lands End. Both of which are very generous with the timing.

Nordstrom Rack and Amazon #1 say they're coming tomorrow. Amazon #2 with the MAP shoes is expected Wednesday, and Lands End #2 is coming later in the week because that was a wrong-size reorder. I'm hoping something fits tomorrow though because I'm not sure we'll make it to the end of the week with the sneakers :p

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 10:09 pm
I'm also hoping the Lands End might surprise us and come early because until then DD#2 has only two uniform shirts to keep in rotation because those were also impossible to find this year. I feel like I'm in back-to-school-shopping purgatory. All the toddler shirts (which only LE sells) were too small, but all the big-kid shirts (from about 4 different brands!) So I found a couple of different styles at LE which we didn't try yet and I'm hoping for the best, at least they have the kind of cuffs you can turn up if they're too big. The others we had before wouldn't have worked that way. AUGH. By the time we finish getting back to school we'll already be way behind on yom tov prep!

petiteruchy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 10:16 pm
seeker wrote:

we have the mary jane style... they've really worked well for her very narrow feet. I like the soles... very flexible and good for walking.

we don't eat meat, so it works for us!

gande

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:19 am
I try to buy on sale in the summer or the season before. The shoes in the local store are far superior to the cheaper brands in durability, comfort and style.

This year was the first that I spent full price-my dd is in 3rd grade. She has a very narrow foot and I found a venettini slip on shoe that is closed all around that fits amazing! Yes it was $80 but I did not spend hours online and run around and settle on a shoe that does fit or look as nice and has to be replaced midyear. The design is beautiful and I am feeling so proud that I did something out of my comfort zone. My heart hurts to spend the money but in my mind I know that this was the right choice. (until the cc bill comes when Ill feel the guilt again)

baltomom

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:17 am
Seeker, I feel your pain and I hope one of the pairs your ordered online works out for your daughter.

This probably won't help you for this year, but I've found that my daughter with very narrow feet does very well with those loafers that have a wide elastic band to hold it on the foot (I've also seen two crisscross elastic bands). They are (somewhat) stylish and come in various colors and for the past two years I've B"H been able to get them for her on clearance from the year before in the $40-$60 range, from local stores (not local for you unfortunately). I've seen Venettinis like that on Amazon but in the $80+ range :-( It does help to know exactly what you're looking for when you walk into the store.

Chloe

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:34 am
Yoox is an extremely expensive website. I don't think she'll find anything for $65. And they used to have free shipping and returns and they recently stopped that. It's an expensive business to shop there.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:38 am
baltomom wrote:
Seeker, I feel your pain and I hope one of the pairs your ordered online works out for your daughter.

This probably won't help you for this year, but I've found that my daughter with very narrow feet does very well with those loafers that have a wide elastic band to hold it on the foot (I've also seen two crisscross elastic bands). They are (somewhat) stylish and come in various colors and for the past two years I've B"H been able to get them for her on clearance from the year before in the $40-$60 range, from local stores (not local for you unfortunately). I've seen Venettinis like that on Amazon but in the $80+ range :-( It does help to know exactly what you're looking for when you walk into the store.

We tried those! When they were more in style. The elastic bands are too loose for Ms Skinnyfoot. But we do have a good shoemaker in town and I just realized that if I buy those he could probably take in the elastic. It's just that it's hard to see if she'll end up walking well if she needs to try them on too loose
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains