Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What can I bring my sis in EY?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:40 pm
going to EY for sukkos.
my newlywed sis in law is sort of hosting us for yom tov (not sleeping by her though). what can I bring her as a gift for around $30-$40?

she is only living there very temp so she has all the basic household stuff and x need most extras...

something cute would be preferred as that would please her more:)

happinessseeker

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
going to EY for sukkos.
my newlywed sis in law is sort of hosting us for yom tov (not sleeping by her though). what can I bring her as a gift for around $30-$40?

she is only living there very temp so she has all the basic household stuff and x need most extras...

something cute would be preferred as that would please her more:)

Where do you live? What about something personalized like placemats, handtowels etc? There are places that do that in monsey (sew personalized) and Lakewood (The Custom Shop).

Edited because I realized both these stores ship so even if you're not in the area you can order from them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:05 pm
I lived there for awhile.
If I was there short term I would think of a gift as another thing I have to figure out how to shlep back!!
I would have appreciated some packages of American pastrami, flanken on the bone (they dont have that in israel!), american cheeses and nougat chips( and ziplocs)!
I missed my american foods!
maybe just do a shop as her gift...
just my idea of an appreciated and practical gift.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:18 pm
happinessseeker wrote:
Where do you live? What about something personalized like placemats, handtowels etc? There are places that do that in monsey (sew personalized) and Lakewood (The Custom Shop).

Edited because I realized both these stores ship so even if you're not in the area you can order from them.

perfect idea! like the placemats since they would prob weigh less than towels. ty!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
I lived there for awhile.
If I was there short term I would think of a gift as another thing I have to figure out how to shlep back!!
I would have appreciated some packages of American pastrami, flanken on the bone (they dont have that in israel!), american cheeses and nougat chips( and ziplocs)!
I missed my american foods!
maybe just do a shop as her gift...
just my idea of an appreciated and practical gift.

I'm very limited on weight and space so these ideas wouldn't rly work -and while def would be appreciated, I'm more into 'classy' gifts as opposed to very practical Smile

tichellady

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:25 pm
A cookbook or two?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics