Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mean or cruel things your teacher said or did...
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

myself

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:27 am
amother wrote:
My DH went to a chassidish school where hitting was accepted. BH he didn't have this teacher but his older brothers did. From the stories I've heard , this man was sadistic and will receive his due punishment one day.

One story he told me was: there was a chubby kid in the class that loved candy. The teacher went to the boy and told him that if he allows him to give the boy 10 potches, then he'll give him a bag of candy. The boy agreed because he wanted the candy. The teacher started hitting the boy really hard.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9.. after the 9th hard slap, he told the boy, I'm not going to give you the 10th slap, so you can't have the bag of candy.

Pure evil.

Honestly, this takes the cake! shock shock shock

myself

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:27 am
Ruchel wrote:
Wanting to hit someone 20 years later is quite weird.
There are people who hold you need a boy over 13 for the brachos. She obviously held so. It was for the parents to decide anyway, not the principal. She's meddling. But wanting to hurt her, and be OTD because one person was dumb? I call bull. We've all had experiences with bad teachers, maybe even terrible. Then we become adults and don't allow it to be an excuse for violence or OTD decades after. I guess I'll never see eye to eye with those cultures.

From her post it seems that the boy was indeed 13.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:30 am
myself wrote:
From her post it seems that the boy was indeed 13.

Correct , he was 16.

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:36 am
Children are sensitive human beings and somethings said to a child are never forgotten and that's not weird what is weird is the lack of empathy!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:49 am
amother wrote:
I was accused of something in high school by a teacher that I didn't do. The principal called me in and yelled at me, calling me a liar, without asking me any questions to defend myself. I was a good girl, naive, and was shocked that he wasn't being dan lkaf zchus as we had always been taught.

I went home crying that day. My mother was furious and spoke to the principal who ended up apologizing over the phone. I think I have forgiven him, although I still do not like the teacher that initially accused me. It all gave me a very bad feeling.

I'm so glad for you that your mother stuck up for you.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:53 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I was also accused by a very chashuva rebbetzin in seminary for cheating on a test. Because me and another girl answered a question the same way. It turns out that girl had studied with me for the test. She accused us both. It bothers me until this day that she would think that of me. I'm the opposite o a liar and cheat. It's actually something I am very careful with so it really made me feel awful

Wow I'm so sorry that happened. I had the exact opposite experience - I used to study for a certain subject with a girl named Tova, and for fun we made a list of 10 wacky things that this Rebetzin just might put on her test. Well, she did, and there were a couple of questions that only the two of us answered correctly and similarly....When she returned the test, she smilingly told us that she can tell we studied together, and that's something she loves seeing - two students growing and gaining from each other, or something like that.

It's a shame someone in Chinuch couldn't see that.

Laiya

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:58 am
Ruchel wrote:
Wanting to hit someone 20 years later is quite weird.
There are people who hold you need a boy over 13 for the brachos. She obviously held so. It was for the parents to decide anyway, not the principal. She's meddling. But wanting to hurt her, and be OTD because one person was dumb? I call bull. We've all had experiences with bad teachers, maybe even terrible. Then we become adults and don't allow it to be an excuse for violence or OTD decades after. I guess I'll never see eye to eye with those cultures.

It's actually the most normal, typical reaction one can have, and a definite reason why people have left frumkeit for many, many years.

In fact, dh has worked with people who call themselves "recovering Catholics". Same story. They have too many negative emotional associations with religion, so they left.

I read about R' Moshe that when he tutored children in Europe, before even coming to the US, their parents were upset because he refused to potch. He understood the psychological harm, long before these views were popular.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:15 am
My seventh grade teacher told the class regarding me, "That there's one girl in the class, her mother is sooo special. But her daughter? I just don't know."

The joke is my mother has bpd and is the best con artist around. So of course she impressed this uneducated teacher.

It stung for a long time.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:21 am
Teachers & principals are so wrapped up in their power that they forget that they're teaching kids that are actually humans. Many abuse this power! They need to realize that kids remember everything they do or say!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:25 am
This isn't traumatizing, just humiliating. Decades ago when I was in first grade my teacher accused me of eating in class, which I didn't. She confiscated my breifcase & unpacked the stuff one by one cause she was sure she saw my eating little candies out of a box. Well all she found after searching my desk as well was some smashed clementines.... but she didn't give my back my breifcase till the end of the day & she didn't bother apologizing! She still gave me a yelling in front of everyone how wrong it's to eat in class.... & everyone should learn from me what's gonna happen if someone eats in class.
This is many years ago & im still bothered by what she did! What bothers me most is that she saw she was wrong but she still proceeded to lecture & humiliate me!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:27 am
Teachers have such a huge responsibility on their heads.

I was in second grade. Being new to reading Hebrew, I was slow and made mistakes. In that class, each girl had to say a pasuk of tehillim out loud. And the class would repeat it. So the teacher said that if the class heard anyone make a mistake in the עברי, they should call it out. Loudly. And the girl who made the mistake will have to say a whole Perek of tehillim out loud in front of the class. And the class should again point out the mistakes.

Well, I was the first girl to make a mistake. The humiliation of standing in front of a class saying tehillim out loud and each mistake loudly being corrected, never made me say tehillim again. It went so far, that when I had to say tehillim out loud, I spent the entire time practicing my pasuk to make sure I won't make any mistakes.

I will never forget this experience. And I was in second grade.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:31 am
My younger sister was in a very well known BY and had a teacher who was lesbia and groomed her ninth grade students to go and have relations with her. She took a deep interest in my sister while attempting to have s2x she also hated her, made fun of her, etc. Enter Ying my sister imo an abusive and controlling relashionship. This was the 6th class this teacher was a homeroom teacher of. And to the day she has girls who live with her and sleep with her.

The school didn't want to admit a problem and accused my sister of being the lesbia one. Teacher was extremely charasmatic.... Sister was kicked out and only a year later did the school fire the teacher and admit their mistake after being confronted by many rabanim. This teacher isnt in jail and actually teaches in another school.....

My sister was scarred for life. But at least this teacher never got her to get in bed unlike many other girls....

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:33 am
This happened after school. A teacher wanted to suggest a shidduch. I found out that the boy had had a nervous breakdown and that is why he had moved to our community away from his original home. While I sympathized with his story, I didn't want to meet him. Boy, did I get a tongue lashing from this "rebbetzin!" She told me I don't know what I'm doing and I'm wrong yada yada just kept on yelling at me. I just kept my cool and managed to end off politely. When she died, she was honored by the school, and I have never given them money since. She was an arrogant awful teacher in school and a rude, nasty person out of it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:34 am
3rd grade. We used to have timed arithmetic tests. 90 (simple) multiplication problems, 3 minutes (later, 1 minutes). I'd freeze, so I never did well. Either did Lara. Michelle, however, was a real whiz at them.

Fast forward. Later in the year, we're learning some more conceptual stuff. I don't know what. Turns out that I'm good at that. So was Lara.

So we're seated in a row. Me. Michelle. Lara. And I get a 100% on the test. Lara gets a 100% on the test. Michelle must have done well too, but I seem to recall that she didn't get a 100%. So the teacher tells me and Lara to stay after class, and accuses us of cheating. Which is impossible, since we did better than Michelle. I remember crying hysterically when I came home.

Lara, FTR, works in some conceptual math-related field now.

Another one ...

8th grade. Obnoxious science teacher who adored my older sister. I'm nothing like her, so teacher didn't like me. We used to grade each other's quizzes. Then Obnoxious Teacher would say, "Beth, what did Imamother get." "She got 9/10." "OK, so that's a B. Only 10/10 is an A. And if I got 10/10 ... "no one gets an A on this one. 10/10 is a B." That was the curve. I got a B.

yehudis1056

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:47 am
3rd grade. Teacher said pens down after the time was up for a test. One girl wasn't fast enough. She put her pen down after the rest of us. The teacher walked up to her and ripped her test in half in front of all of us. Btw she had an auditory processing disorder but even if she didn't it was beyond cruel and humiliating . She was only 8 years old have a heart.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
My seventh grade teacher told the class regarding me, "That there's one girl in the class, her mother is sooo special. But her daughter? I just don't know."

The joke is my mother has bpd and is the best con artist around. So of course she impressed this uneducated teacher.

It stung for a long time.

See? This is an example that really bothers me. You were probably suffering at home as a result of your mother and probably acting out. Instead of giving you more compassion , and extra care you were treated horribly.😢

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:11 am
If anyone from any living generation is asked about why they rejected religion, often the answer is cruelty, degradation, and unfair punishments. Corporal punishment possibly resulted in whole generations bolting from religion. Embarrassment often resulted in same.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:14 am
This thread is making me sick. I am sorry for the pain so many of you endured.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:26 am
When I was in 6-7th grade, I started becoming friends with this really nice girl. One day, the principal called my mother and said "Keep your daughter away from that girl!" My mother tried probing but she refused to say. My mother said that if there wasn't anything concrete, she wouldn't keep me away and finally the principal told her "Her parents are getting divorced." I lost total respect for the principal that day. She was actively trying to sabotage the friendships of my poor friend at the time she needed it the most. B"H my mother ignored the principal's advice.

I could practically write down everything my 8th grade teacher said to me and make a book of horrific statements. She was seriously one of the worst people in the world. I got diagnosed with mono on day 3 of school and I was already so excited to get away from that witch. Mono was the greatest disease ever! Even after I was well enough to go to school, I stayed home in the morning for a few weeks to avoid her.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:11 am
Ds has autism. He started talking at 1, although it was mostly memorizing books and songs, not functional language, and his articulation was horrible. By the time he was 2, he knew his colors, shapes, letters, and numbers, but wouldn't say mommy unless it was in a book he was reading. He went to a special preschool, and when he was 4, I spoke to the director about possible elementary schools for him. She said that while there are schools for kids with autism, because ds has lots of knowledge, a school for LD kids may be better for him. The first school we applied to was kind enough to send us a rejection letter by mail. The second school waited until the next day to call me to reject ds. The 3rd school ruined him. After ds demonstrated his knowledge, the principal told me in front of ds that his speech is so unclear that none of the speech therapists would be able to work with him, and that it's obvious he has extreme sensory issues, and there is no sensory gym. She then asked where else I'm applying to, and when I told her, she started telling me why ds isn't right for any of these schools, listing all of ds's faults, and saying that only an ABA program could deal with a child like this. All this was said with ds sitting right there. He started crying in the principal's office and was still crying when we got home.
Ds stopped talking after that day. He started showing lots of aggressive behaviors- hair pulling, scratching, biting, etc. He became a completely different person to the point where nobody would recommend anything but ABA for him. He is turning 9 a week after succos. He only talks to me, and only to request food. While he still knows his books and songs, he reads quietly and hums along to music instead of singing. He doesn't cooperate with ABA therapists who ask him colors or shapes. How somebody with zero sensitivity could be principal of a special school is beyond me.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics