Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Hate, hate, HATE housekeeping!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:28 pm
I am a terrible housekeeper. I have a lot of cleaning help, so things are clean most of the time, but it's not neat. I have hired organizers from time to time, but it never sticks. Anyway, I really don't care much how my house looks, I feel there are more important things in life (clean is a necessity, neat is not). But even with the cleaning help, there are still things that should get done, that don't. And I'm sitting here with all these things to do and I just can't motivate myself to do it. And I tried earlier to do the old, spend 5 minutes doing 1 little thing, and seeing the difference will motivate you to keep going. Nope, it just caused a panic attack at all the other things left to do. Dh wants me to care more and take pride in our home, but I just don't. I hate all housekeeping and home improvement tasks and will go to great lengths to avoid them. And it's never ending. There's no such thing as really being finished. I'm also looking for a job because I hate staying at home. I guess I'm just overwhelmed and also horribly bored at the same time.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:32 pm
Can totally relate. The only difference is that DH doesn't make too many demands as he also isn't a neat. So on the one hand our SB isn't affected by this, but on the other hand with two of us not caring enough...and I just found out that my cleaning help's suddenly left, for good.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:37 pm
Oh, my dh is just as much of a slob as I am, possibly worse. But he ASPIRES to better things while doing nothing to actually make changes Rolling Eyes To be fair, he does his fair share of stuff, but it doesn't amount to much because he works long hours and travels a lot. But it would be nice if he didn't make such a mess in the first place.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:52 pm
I totalally relate too, minus the cleaning help which I don't have.
Is it the first time you're stuck at home without a job? I know that personally it adds a lot to my feeling of frustration/procrastination in front of all the things that need to be done.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:59 pm
I'm between jobs right now, so yes, I know what it's like to juggle work/family/home. I still know that I prefer working and that I do everything better when I'm working. I still hate housekeeping and try to avoid it, but at least I have an excuse when working, plus, since I feel more fulfilled, what little housekeeping I do is not as soul sucking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics