Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Indoor wall gardening anyone?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 11:22 pm
I think some greenery would make a major improvement to my home, and we have no space, so I started googling wall planters. Now I'm overwhelmed with the results and all their mixed reviews. I'm also somewhat financially overwhelmed because this is the umpteenth home improvement on my agenda (ever read "It all began with a doormat"? Well...)

Anyone have experience with this and can recommend products or methods? Looking for something budget-friendly, that will increase the aesthetic and air circulation without increasing, say, mold and drippings, and not high-maintenance.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 11:33 pm
seeker wrote:
I think some greenery would make a major improvement to my home, and we have no space, so I started googling wall planters. Now I'm overwhelmed with the results and all their mixed reviews. I'm also somewhat financially overwhelmed because this is the umpteenth home improvement on my agenda (ever read "It all began with a doormat"? Well...)

Anyone have experience with this and can recommend products or methods? Looking for something budget-friendly, that will increase the aesthetic and air circulation without increasing, say, mold and drippings, and not high-maintenance.

following.
Would love to hear ideas... I love greenery but as a city girl there isn't a surplus of it and bringing greenery into my home would really be nice. At one point I also took the time to search google but ye the options are overwhelming. I always dream of a house loaded with greenery like an indoor garden with IV climbing up the wall.Unfortunately, that's not realistic... but I'd love to bring in some of it and give my home a bit of a gardeny feel.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 11:43 pm
This looks pretty cute and simple, but even though it's one of the cheapest options I found, $25 before the plants and soil still sounds like a splurge to me. I may need to get over that feeling if I want to have plants... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L.....9#Ask

One could also fairly easily just hang up a plain shelf and put potted plants on it. But that's not necessarily better since you need to get both the shelf and the pots, and it won't even look quite as nice unless you're really good at arranging these things.

I'm also seeing a lot of variations on this, some of which are very cheap, but I'm a little iffy on how it works. Will it really not make the walls wet? Can I really grow enough hangy plants to cover enough of it that it won't look like a black shoebag in middle of my wall? The individual cute little expensive planters look so much more decorative, though I could see the aesthetic in having one very green chunk of wall if you can fill one of these properly. https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-.....T#Ask

I just really need this to not be too expensive because now I got all into the idea and I want a whole bunch! Some of the cute little cup-shaped planters in the bathroom and kitchen, and maybe one of the really green things in the living room... or not... I have a place in mind in the kitchen already and I think it would need about 5 little planters to make it look nice, and then another 2-3 in the bathroom would really take us out of boring old standard-issue apartment tile without really having to redecorate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics