Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mean things done to other kids, or really nice things

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 10:47 am
When we were in kindergarten, I remember that there was this girl in the class that had a body odor. Nobody would play with her. If she walked to the kitchen set area, the rest of the classs would not go near the kitchen set all day. We would hold our noses if we had to sit next to her. embarrassed
I switched schools after kindergarten, so I don't know if the school ended up getting involved
It haunts me since then, so one day when I was in high school, I called her and apologized.

It was a huge life lesson though. We had a selective mute, who didn't take care of herself that well, and came from a dysfunctional home, in my new class. So, a few of us got together and decided that she is one of us, and we will not allow one of us to be left out. It took a few years, but by the time she was in high school, Baruch HaShem, she actually blended in. If you didn't know her story, you couldn't have guessed. She was put together, and was social like everyone else.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 11:58 am
My DD has two very close friends that she's been friendly with for all her school years (they actually went to three different high schools, and remained close B"H). Anyway, for the 8th grade graduation trip, the school leaves at 4 a.m. so the girls tend to all have sleepovers, so that everyone's mother doesn't have to get up to drive them (of course, I'm lucky enough to somehow end up being the host...)

So we have 4 beds in my basement, and I told DD she could have 3 friends over. Of course her two close friends were a given....so the three of them decided to invite a classmate who has various learning and social challenges, as well as a physical deformity. Besides for joining them for a sleepover, they then included her in their group for the whole trip, and were friendly with her in school as well.

I was really proud of them. They decided this on their own.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 12:00 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My DD has two very close friends that she's been friendly with for all her school years (they actually went to three different high schools, and remained close B"H). Anyway, for the 8th grade graduation trip, the school leaves at 4 a.m. so the girls tend to all have sleepovers, so that everyone's mother doesn't have to get up to drive them (of course, I'm lucky enough to somehow end up being the host...)

So we have 4 beds in my basement, and I told DD she could have 3 friends over. Of course her two close friends were a given....so the three of them decided to invite a classmate who has various learning and social challenges, as well as a physical deformity. Besides for joining them for a sleepover, they then included her in their group for the whole trip, and were friendly with her in school as well.

I was really proud of them. They decided this on their own.

That is so beautiful! Im not surprised you have amazing kids.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 1:39 pm
I found 10 year old Dd hard at work crafting a fake sefer out of paper. She explained that she was part of a group that was putting on a skit in class tomorrow and one of the kids had trouble remembering her lines due to a learning disability. She made the sefer and wrote all of the lines in it so that her friend (who was playing a Rabbi) would be able to perform flawlessly. I teared up.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 1:51 pm
DS2's friend had eye surgery in kindergarten. The boy had to sit quietly, to avoid damaging the eye. DS2 was one of the few who would go over to play, and invite the boy over. A few times, the boy needed injections by his mom, and asked DS2 to go over to hold his hand; DS2 went.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics