Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What makes you want to spend time with or avoid a person?
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 9:54 pm
Maya wrote:
I can't decide which is less impressive, the fact that you only want to spend time with people in the same life situation as yours, or the fact that you dismissed all New Yorkers as people unworthy of your precious time. Rolling Eyes

Fair enough. I am judgmental and generalize, but in my experience I have never become close friends with any of the many NYers I've met, so I wouldn't seek them.

And I've been through a lot of emotional trauma and serious medical issues lately so my life is about therapy, surgery, treatments, and healing. I find it hard to relate to people who haven't yet suffered. Sorry that was offensive.

And don't you look for friend with common ground--either parenting methods, schooling ideals, community work, ideology? I'd like my friend to at least have one overlapping value!

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 10:00 pm
Maya wrote:
I can't decide which is less impressive, the fact that you only want to spend time with people in the same life situation as yours, or the fact that you dismissed all New Yorkers as people unworthy of your precious time. Rolling Eyes

I actually agree with the amother that you quoted.
When people go through a hard time, they can choose to hang around others like them.
I don't see anything wrong with preferring to hang out with people who you feel normal around.
She feels normal around others who are openly going through challenging times, and are still willing to give to others.
It's not "unworthy of her precious time".
It's that her time is better spent with people who make her feel good about herself.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:21 am
I enjoy people that are open minded and non judgmental about anybody.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:25 am
I want to spend time with people who are well dressed, fashionably so, made up, and are on the tall side.

I avoid short people. I dunno, something about short people makes me not want to have conversation with them.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:28 am
I avoid miserable people that find NO joy in anything and complain bitterly.

I look for people who are genuinely happy, content and at peace with what Hashem has given them.

Zehava

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:42 am
amother wrote:
I want to spend time with people who are well dressed, fashionably so, made up, and are on the tall side.

I avoid short people. I dunno, something about short people makes me not want to have conversation with them.

A prime example of someone I'd want to avoid.
Anyway I don't care for brand names, I hate the feel of makeup on my face, and I'm on the short side. So you'd probably avoid me too.

InnerMe

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:53 am
Zehava wrote:
A prime example of someone I'd want to avoid.
Anyway I don't care for brand names, I hate the feel of makeup on my face, and I'm on the short side. So you'd probably avoid me too.

yep, me too, off the want list. I def. don't check off all that criteria.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:58 am
Want to spend time with people who listen, share common interests, are honest and straight forward.
People I really dont enjoy spending time with are people who complain about EVERYTHING.
Or complain about things they know very well that they have as a luxury that I don't. (One of my friends does this and drives me insane)

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:16 am
Zehava wrote:
So you'd probably avoid me too.

No I wouldn't. I was just kidding. Sorry if that wasn't obvious :-(

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:22 am
amother wrote:

This was a JOKE!

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:37 am
chag334 wrote:
I would love to see some poetry!

I post poetry as amother usually.... I write on a daily. Basis so maybe I'll post some under my screen name tpo

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:39 am
amother wrote:

Rolling Laughter

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:43 am
amother wrote:
people that are open minded and non judgmental about anybody.

That seems to me to be a tall order ....

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:51 am
I like pretty much everyone. I just hate small talk and often want to elevate small talk to medium talk to spice things up a bit LOL

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 7:43 am
Some ppl ask so many questions. I avoid them like a plague. When appropriate ask in an even exchange... Pleasant ppl are those who are interested in talking about what U ARE!

Zehava

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 9:12 am
amother wrote:

It wasn't because I totally know people like that irl

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 5:49 pm
amother wrote:

Azure, I got that you were kidding. It was so obvious. I thought it was LOL funny and I am short. Smile

And FWIW, I don't like hanging out with anybody so am an equal opportunity people avoider.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 5:58 pm
spend time: I enjoy spending time with people who feel comfortable talking about things beyond superficiality, who can have a more meaningful converstation, without it becoming too heavy.
someone who is a good listener, and will give good advice.
people who do not belittle others

avoid: people who cannot give eye contact. socially awkward people who will talk too loud or stand too close. people who mock others. people who only talk negatively about other people. people who only talk about superficial things like clothing styles and how fancy or not the kiddush was
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics