Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Please help me be less judgemental to "In towners"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 6:29 pm
I lived in and out of town. You can find all types of people all over. For many years I hated Hungarians with a passion I got stuck in a rut with a few of then okay, next case. Now I see not all of them are bad people. There are nice Hungarians and in towners.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 6:44 pm
Fox:

what handbags are you referring to?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:
I lived in and out of town. You can find all types of people all over. For many years I hated Hungarians with a passion I got stuck in a rut with a few of then okay, next case. Now I see not all of them are bad people. There are nice Hungarians and in towners.

I am of Hungarian descent. A Brooklyn Hungarian. I'm just the worst!😀

Fox

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:10 pm
amother wrote:
Fox:

what handbags are you referring to?

Honestly, I'm not the handbag police. Wear whatever handbag makes you happy. And when you see me in Brooklyn, you can think to yourself, "Wow! That lady has such a stunning handbag. Too bad she's wearing the Paula Young Rat's Nest in cocoa brown on her head."

As my grandmother used to say, "It takes all kinds, and if if doesn't, we've got 'em anyway!"

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:38 pm
I'm an in towner but I have always felt like an out of towner. Of course ppl are ppl everywhere. There r wonderful ppl in the tristate area.
Still, I could relate. When I go to the park, many times I find it easier to chat with the hired help than a group of moms. I'm just a different speed and I feel like I think and speak a different lingo. Don't care too much what u r wearing. I like genuine down to earth ppl.
Don't like fitting into a box. So, I get u op

ROFL

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 4:37 am
I was born in brooklyn and live out of town now. I understand what you see in pepole who are judgemental and don't give you the time of day. It happens a lot of places.
Just want to say I went to the Bronx botanical gardens recently and it was so nice to see that most frum people I saw gave a nod and smiled at each other. It was as if we all knew we had something in common and recognized each other as a fellow Jew !
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics