Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Tips in beginning of year?

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 10:31 pm
Hi,

Is one supposed to give tips now before rosh hashana? My kid is in playgroup and I was wondering if I'm supposed to tip the teacher and assistant. If yes, how much?

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 10:55 pm
No
Chanukah and Purim IME

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 11:19 pm
I wouldnt tip.

But I do take a bottle of wine for yomtov to my sons' rebbeim on erev succos. Just a gift becasue I want to teach my sons that their new rebbi is very important and special and mommy and tatty think he's so great that he should get a special gift to enjoy on yomtov. So its really for my children's chinuch I guess.

nursemomma

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 11:54 pm
I don't tip but send a nice card with a little something- store bought muffin or nice drink.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:00 am
Im giving honey cookies in a nice jar for rosh hashana. Just to show my appreciation for all they did so far and going forward iyh!

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:38 am
notshanarishona wrote:
No
Chanukah and Purim IME

I do the same and if they really went above and beyond then I tip at the end of the year as well.

cholenteater

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:51 am
I send some chocolates and a nice card with a honey stick. " Looking forward to a sweet year! " It's nice and helps set the tone for the year

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:57 am
What else Rolling Eyes

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 7:04 am
amother wrote:
I wouldnt tip.

But I do take a bottle of wine for yomtov to my sons' rebbeim on erev succos. Just a gift becasue I want to teach my sons that their new rebbi is very important and special and mommy and tatty think he's so great that he should get a special gift to enjoy on yomtov. So its really for my children's chinuch I guess.

O/t but please also bring to your children's secular teacher. Its just as important to show your children that we also must respect you child's english teacher. Very impprtant for their chinuch.

Signed,
The amother who posted about the massive lack of respect that her husbands students show him in the thread about being mean to teachers. It starts with small things like only tipping the rebbe (who gets paid way more than the english teacher per hour). Only gifting the rebbe. The kids see this and learn that only the rebbe deserves respect. Please stop this in its tracks and treat all teachers the same. Your sons high school english teachers will thank you.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
O/t but please also bring to your children's secular teacher. Its just as important to show your children that we also must respect you child's english teacher. Very impprtant for their chinuch.

Signed,
The amother who posted about the massive lack of respect that her husbands students show him in the thread about being mean to teachers. It starts with small things like only tipping the rebbe (who gets paid way more than the english teacher per hour). Only gifting the rebbe. The kids see this and learn that only the rebbe deserves respect. Please stop this in its tracks and treat all teachers the same. Your sons high school english teachers will thank you.

I am the poster who you quoted adn are talking to. Thank you so much, I really dont know why it never occurred to me to do that. Thank you for the mussar. If my finances will allow it, I will give gifts to the general studies teachers this year too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics