Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Where would you rather sleep for RH?
1  2  Next

Where would you rather sleep when going away with your small family for Rosh Hashana?
Empty apartment  
 91%  [ 160 ]
Guest room(s) at an acquaintance's house (family would be home)  
 8%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 174

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:11 pm
When going away with your small family (DH and 2 kids) for Rosh Hashana, would you rather sleep in a guest room at an acquaintance's house (the family would be home) or in an empty apartment?

There is an Eruv for Shabbos, and we will be eating meals by different families over Yom Tov.

Please comment if you are an introvert/extrovert, or have other social/personal factors and if they affect your decision.

relish

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:16 pm
What do you want to do?
Are you looking for a pros and cons list?
Are you looking to tally up the responses and do what gets the most votes by similar personalities?
Is this a discussion between you and your dh and you are looking for others to weigh in?

You don't have to answer these questions.
It's just that you need to do what YOU feel would be best for YOU and not what others would chose to do.

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:23 pm
Does the empty apartment have more rooms? I prefer imy kids to have their own room. It is better for sleeping and getting ready to go out.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:25 pm
I'm totally social but also an introvert. I need my own space and my own schedule and would take the private option if available.

tichellady

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:35 pm
Would definitely prefer the private apartment option.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 12:57 pm
Definitely private apartment.

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 10:32 pm
Depends on many factors such as how far is apt from your house, how far from Shul, what floor is it on, how close friends are we, how rowdy is your crew, yadda yadda.

iammom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 10:49 pm
Forgetting all the details others have mentioned, I would go for the empty apartment. I'm an introvert and need my space. Especially for 3 days straight.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 10:50 pm
I would prefer a private apartment.
I like to know my family is not taking time in the only bathroom in the house.
But if there is an en suite I don't mind either way.
Don't know why a lot of Brooklyn homes are built with only 1 bathroom.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 10:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'm totally social but also an introvert. I need my own space and my own schedule and would take the private option if available.

This.

Miri7

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 11:47 pm
I'm pretty social but over a three day chag/Shabbat, with meals out, there is enough socializing and it's nice to have a quiet space to unwind. 3 days is a long time to be a guest with two kids.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 11:58 pm
I'm an introvert and empty apartments are great, however if we'd be able to eat the night meals at the home we were sleeping at, I would definitely prefer that with little kids. I really dislike shlepping kids back somewhere after a night meal...

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 12:19 am
ra_mom wrote:

Me too.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:05 am
Definitely the empty apartment. I'm an ambivert, so that probably doesn't help with your decision.

EishesYo

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:01 am
I would definitely prefer an empty apartment.
Nothing to do with intro/extro-vert
This way I dont have to worry about my kids mess all day or them waking the family etc

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:03 am
Op if you're the hostess wondering where to put your friends up, just ask them which they prefer.

abound

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:37 am
extrovert, private apt unless it is more than a 15 minute walk

smilealot

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:53 am
EishesYo wrote:
I would definitely prefer an empty apartment.
Nothing to do with intro/extro-vert
This way I dont have to worry about my kids mess all day or them waking the family etc

This. Wouldn't have to be constantly on best behaviour. Can let lose a bit and can discipline without being conscious of others watching me. My kids like their space too.
Make sure to take toys with if that's 5he option as they won't have other kids to play with.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 9:57 am
Are the kids young? If you're not sleeping where you're eating the kids will have to stay up until you get back after the seudah. If I have a couple with children sleeping in my house for a simcha I always offer to listen out for their kids if they want to put them to sleep.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 4:33 pm
OP here. I hope you all had a nice Rosh Hashana! I really appreciate all your responses. They were very helpful!

Now I need to try to figure out how to take this poll down as its no longer relevant...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur