Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info on Elkins Park

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 3:36 pm
We're looking into OOT communities, and I don't see much info on Elkins Park. I found Elkins Park on ou.org/communities and the area looks gorgeous...

I see it's close to Rhawnhurst and looks like maybe both communities send to the same schools?

Schools are one of the most important factors for me. (We're very flexible with jobs as we both work from home.) We are I guess what you might call OOT-yeshivish.

Can anyone chime in with information on the community and schools?

Thank you!

TeachersNotebook

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 9:40 pm
I live in Rhawnhurst and you aren't off. The communities are close by and share a lot of resources (and friends Smile). It is smaller than Rhawnhurst, which is why I think it doesn't get as much press. The community is amazingly warm and welcoming. There are a number of good school options within a 45 minute radius, including in Elkins Park. They also just opened their new mikvah, which is as beautiful as the neighborhood Smile Their shul, the Young Israel of Elkins Park, seems to lean towards the yeshivish side. Feel free to PM me, and I can put you in touch with people who live there.

shira6

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 10:27 pm
Hi. I live in Elkins Park and love it!!! It is a great, out of town community with an eruv, mikva, new yeshiva, bakery. Plenty of school options and food establishments nearby.
Affordable and gorgeous housing. Look online and put in zip code 19027. Please contact me at shirareiner@gmail.com.
And yes, it is beautiful here!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating