Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Towels off the hooks

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 12:45 am
Anyone else find that their bath towels dont stay on the hooks? after our showers we hang them on hooks behind the door but they are forever slipping off!
It makes me really nervous because then they get dirty from being on a dirty floor.
Any suggestions? better hooks? different way to hang them?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 1:20 am
Sew on hooks onto the towels. Some come with them.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:07 am
Each of my kids has a large hooded towel with their name on the back. The hood hangs beautifully on the hooks.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:13 am
I think hotpink amother means loops rather than hooks. My grandmother used to do that, she definitely had the right idea, I'm just too lazy but this thread may prompt me to reform.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:14 am
I'm not a fan of hooks. I prefer towel bars that allow the towels to be hung up spread out so they dry. And they don't fall off unless you're incredibly careless about how you hang them up.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:18 am
They go directly into the hamper after showers/baths.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:11 am
MrsDash wrote:
They go directly into the hamper after showers/baths.

How often do you do laundry?? That's a lot of towels!! (I don't know your family size or anything but even for one or two people!!!)

salt

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:16 am
Sew on loops.

csfm

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 8:44 am
Towels slipping off of hooks bothers me, too. Sewing on your own loops is a great idea. If you'd like to see how some nice towels with hooks already sewn on look, check out Ikea. I've been very pleased with our mid-priced Ikea towels; I don't buy their cheapest ones as they're very thin. Good luck!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 8:51 am
https://www.amazon.de/Clips-Sc.....6WH7W

this works for us

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 8:57 am
I invested in bath robes for each person in our household. Each person is responsible to hang up their robe in the books after use. I wash them once a week. Nobody uses bath towels by us unless it's to dry their hair which we hang over the towel rack.

iammom

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 9:40 am
zaq wrote:
I'm not a fan of hooks. I prefer towel bars that allow the towels to be hung up spread out so they dry. And they don't fall off unless you're incredibly careless about how you hang them up.

How does that work? There's a bar for each family member?

OP- I say get new hooks. I have 2 types of hooks- one has my towels forever slipping off and the other keeps the towels on nice.

simba

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
Sew on hooks onto the towels. Some come with them.

I love the idea of sewing loops on them. What material did you use?

purple 1

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:43 am
iammom wrote:
How does that work? There's a bar for each family member?

OP- I say get new hooks. I have 2 types of hooks- one has my towels forever slipping off and the other keeps the towels on nice.

I agree with my old hooks the towels fell down all the time. When I moved and got different hooks my towels don't fall down anymore

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:01 am
OP here. Thanks all! Think I may try new hooks. Any advice on which books are good? Preferably for behind bathroom door.

If that doesn't work I love the idea of sewing on loops but what kind of fabric? I have ZERO clue how to sew

water_bear88

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:51 am
I haven't sewn on loops myself (another vote for Ikea towels), but bias tape might work.

tryingmybest

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 12:14 pm
What is bias tape and where do you buy such a thing?

water_bear88

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 12:35 pm
tryingmybest wrote:
What is bias tape and where do you buy such a thing?

In the US, any fabric store. In Israel, stores that sell notions. I'm thinking it might be worth asking what they'd recommend in the store- there are some other ribbon-like options that could work as well or better, but some are more prone to unraveling than others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry