Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Blindfolding boys on the way to Uman, is it worse than
1  2  Next

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:46 pm
blacked out school bus windows?

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:52 pm
Hahaha I've seen a clip of them going through the airport, one person is leading the way telling them "move right move left" someone walked into a wall it's quite funny!
Don't worry it's a very minority group of fanatics.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:56 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Hahaha I've seen a clip of them going through the airport, one person is leading the way telling them "move right move left" someone walked into a wall it's quite funny!
Don't worry it's a very minority group of fanatics.

I'm calling hoax. First dude not only avoids the wall, but a clerk standing in the hallway. How could he do that blindfolded?

Blessing1

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:57 pm
Was thinking the same.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:03 pm
[quote="SixOfWands"]I'm calling hoax. First dude not only avoids the wall, but a clerk standing in the hallway. How could he do that blindfolded?[/quote

Ok so I tried it. If you can see from the bottom of the blinder it is possible to navigate. Certainly it's easier here in my home since I know the spaces by their floor coverings. But it is doable.

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:03 pm
Firslty, your title is rude and offensive. Secondly, lets say it was true - the road to uman is paved with what, 4 kids? Ok. 4 kids being stupid, fine. Thirdly, YWN is a tabloid. No journalistic integrity whatsoever and their articles and videos overall are sickening.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:04 pm
watergirl wrote:
Firslty, your title is rude and offensive. Secondly, lets say it was true - the road to uman is paved with what, 4 kids? Ok. 4 kids being stupid, fine. Thirdly, YWN is a tabloid. No journalistic integrity whatsoever and their articles and videos overall are sickening.

Ummm that was a play on words. But hey I will acknowledge your sensitivity and change the title. I doubt you will like the new one either. Put me on ignore.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:07 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm calling hoax. First dude not only avoids the wall, but a clerk standing in the hallway. How could he do that blindfolded?

Ok so I tried it. If you can see from the bottom of the blinder it is possible to navigate. Certainly it's easier here in my home since I know the spaces by their floor coverings. But it is doable.

I trip over my own two feet without blinders, but I'll trust you that its possible.

I still think it was a joke, though.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:08 pm
Lol. That was hilarious!

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:09 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I trip over my own two feet without blinders, but I'll trust you that its possible.

I still think it was a joke, though.

Oh I hear ya. I did cheat and keep my eyeglasses on but it was difficult.

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:09 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Ummm that was a play on words. But hey I will acknowledge your sensitivity and change the title. I doubt you will like the new one either. Put me on ignore.

Thanks. And correct. Still obnoxious. Be as rude as you want. I dont understand your need to post this, in this way.
And you changed more than just the title, making my post look out of place. But I know what you originally wrote.

Last edited by watergirl on Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:12 pm
And I'll add this. You rightfully dont like when people knock MO. Why knock Breslov? Pretend this video is 5 MO kids doing something stupid that got the attention of YWN. And someone posts it with your title. And your comments. You wouldnt stand for it either.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:14 pm
Instead of poking fun, let's commend these bochrim for doing their utmost to protect themselves from being michshol, as rosh Hashanah is approaching. Maybe just Maybe, they are sincere and do not want to even accidentally see the shmutz that is plastered all over the place. I'm sure this security measure was only taken when absolutely necessary knowing full well they will be subject to ridicule even amongst their fellow jews. It takes stregnth and courage to do what they did. Mi kiamcha yisroel!

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:18 pm
watergirl wrote:
And I'll add this. You rightfully dont like when people knock MO. Why knock Breslov? Pretend this video is 5 MO kids doing something stupid that got the attention of YWN. And someone posts it with your title. And your comments. You wouldnt stand for it either.

FTR, I think its a few boys with a great sense of humor. Its staged. And its funny.

But if it weren't staged as a joke, then I do think that its appropriate to discuss the excesses that would lead these kids to do this. There's a difference between saying "is this something that should be happening" (a la blocking out the bus windows) vs. attacking (those idiots who ..., or those "illegitimate rabbis" who ....)

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:20 pm
watergirl wrote:

You're the first one mentioning Breslov.

Either way, it's not as if you never knock other factions of Judaism...

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:20 pm
watergirl wrote:

Try me Rolling Eyes

For the record, I wouldn't have known about Breslov without Ima and I'll be darned if I can tell them apart from others based on their garb.

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:33 pm
amother wrote:
You're the first one mentioning Breslov.

Either way, it's not as if you never knock other factions of Judaism...

No - OP edited her post. And you cant comment in my posts if I dont know who you are, amother. I dont knock entire groups of people.

relish

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:43 pm
amother wrote:
Instead of poking fun, let's commend these bochrim for doing their utmost to protect themselves from being michshol, as rosh Hashanah is approaching. Maybe just Maybe, they are sincere and do not want to even accidentally see the shmutz that is plastered all over the place. I'm sure this security measure was only taken when absolutely necessary knowing full well they will be subject to ridicule even amongst their fellow jews. It takes stregnth and courage to do what they did. Mi kiamcha yisroel!

When I saw this post (I will admit, after my initial moment of laughter), I had two thoughts.
1) that is not funny, it's sad
2) if we don't make fun of it, it may become accepted as norm in a few years.

This is not Torah! It will give me good topic of conversation. Is one supposed to make fun of people who do things that are extreme?

There is a Halacha that in specific circumstances, one should make fun of those who blatantly disregard certain parts of the Torah.

Maybe this is one of those time.

I don't know the answers, but this is definitely so sad to me.

sequoia

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 4:22 pm
Once they're in Uman, however, all bets are off.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 4:35 pm
watergirl wrote:
No - OP edited her post. And you cant comment in my posts if I dont know who you are, amother. I dont knock entire groups of people.

If you are referring to me I didn't mention Breslov, I did mention Uman. But even I know it's more than Breslov who visit Uman. And personally, fault me all you will, Breslov doesn't equal Uman for me. If it did I would have stated as much.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics