Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Help!! my brisket is not coming out good:(

twolilgirlies

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:38 pm
one of my first times I'm making Yom Tov. and I'm really not a meat professional...

I'm in middle of baking a 1st cut brisket. found a recipe-put it in a pan with couple of ing for a sauce and its baking for 2 hours already but it is so TOUGH!! anything to do about it?

Last edited by twolilgirlies on Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

isrmss91

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:41 pm
Following! Had the same problem when I made a brisket this past Shabbos. I added the Mike's brisket stove with a little water and baked 2 1/2 hours. When we ate (tried to eat it) it was very tough. I wonder if we but the brisket from the same store in Brooklyn!

twolilgirlies

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:46 pm
isrmss91 wrote:
Following! Had the same problem when I made a brisket this past Shabbos. I added the Mike's brisket stove with a little water and baked 2 1/2 hours. When we ate (tried to eat it) it was very tough. I wonder if we but the brisket from the same store in Brooklyn!

I need to make so many more things for RH that I sure hope there's a way to salvage this roast!! (and it was quiet expensive!)

mine is from Lakewood LOL

bargainlover

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 10:55 pm
I always cook mine on 300 covered well with lots of sauce for 4 hours. Comes out butter soft.

momsrus

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:07 pm
I believe second cut is fattier/softer

oliveoil

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:12 pm
two hours is not enough time for a brisket. give it another two hours at least. I hope its covered tightly, with liquid in the pan, and cooking at 300 or less. Don't take it out until a fork goes in with absolutely no resistance (yes, that extra half hour at the end can make a huge difference).

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:24 pm
It needs lots of liquid and to cook on low for 4 to 5 hours

twolilgirlies

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 11:40 pm
oliveoil wrote:
two hours is not enough time for a brisket. give it another two hours at least. I hope its covered tightly, with liquid in the pan, and cooking at 300 or less. Don't take it out until a fork goes in with absolutely no resistance (yes, that extra half hour at the end can make a huge difference).

thank you!! I already see a diff! I will know for next time to cook it on a lower heat but I left it in now for another whole hour and its getting softer!! will keep it in longer:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics