Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Getting Ready for Shabbos
Previous  1  2

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 12:47 pm
sure, just saw this today. I usually prepare the big things on thursday night while my hbby is in yeshiva. so I have my wonderful music playing in the backgroud while making chicken and/or shnitzel and a dessert if I make one (I saw that nobody was really eating dessert so I sort of stopped making them).
then on friday I make soup and salad. and sometimes, I make challah, if I wake up early enough on friday, seeing as that is the one day that I dont work Very Happy

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 1:21 pm
I start tuesday night!! I make my matzaball batter then, and stick it in the fridge. I make matzaballs, gefitle fish, and dessert on wed. night. kugels, soup, and prep chicken on thurs morn or night. and friday- stick chicken in oven, make cholent, and CLEAN UP!!!!
(I also make challah on sunday and freeze it)

Last edited by 613 on Thu, Feb 16 2006, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

goldrose

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 1:27 pm
I have a collection of recipes on my computer in my own "cookbook" - if I like a dish, it goes in my cookbook. since its on my computer, I dont have to retype them if iwant to post them here - and there seems to be an interest. so I'm going to post them in a new thread in the recipe section. I'll post all the salads in my cookbook.

I'm not a gourmet chef - I make delicious food but food that has NO tricks.
go check it out (in a minute, for those who read this RIGHT after I post)

chen

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 1:34 pm
Wow, Tefila, if you can make a complete shabbos in 3 hours you are either on speed or what my mother would call an incredible beryah. (her highest compliment.) I believe you, though, b/c my neighbor, who doesn't start cooking till she comes home from work Friday p.m. (in summer, at least), makes the whole schmear and is ready for shabbos the same time as those of us who take a more leisurely approach.

I don't believe I have ever actually started cooking for shabbos on motzoei shabbos, but I often start as early as Sunday and put stuff in the freezer. except for summertime, when I occasionally leave a salad or two for friday afternoon, everything is tom venishlom by Thursday night. You never know when a disabled train or something will delay your return home on Friday, and then you'd really be in trouble if the food wasn't already cooked.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 5:51 pm
I love this thread. I'm going through it for ideas to help me out. When on schedule, I shop on Wednesday, clean on Thursday, and bake Thursday night. I cook on Friday. The trouble is, I'm not always on schedule. Sad

Goldrose, where did you "put" your cookbook?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 6:34 pm
I shop on Tuesdays b/c I have a good shiur on Wed PM. I use my freezer too!

I have to be on schedule, I work on Fridays in the city and when I come home, I have to finish cooking & go on the bike, or else!

happymom

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 6:37 pm
I shop in wednesday, cook and clean whole house on thursday and friday do last minute things. I love it this way, its so organized.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen