Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Undershirt for my tween

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 12:06 pm
not sure where to post this...
I need to buy my 10 year old an undershirt that will flatten her out on top. she is not ready for sports bra. just want a tighter full undershirt that will flatten those 2 little points. LOL
any suggestions where I can find? preferably online....

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 12:11 pm
Gap has a cami with a built in elastic that is perfect for this stage. DD is 11 and loves them.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 12:19 pm
Oh no. First this isn't about health, nor about her but apparently you are self conscious. Leave her be, and don't obsess over little points Surprised

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 12:44 pm
OP I respect that as a parent you know what's best for your daughter. Others may feel differently, but where I live, if my child's two points showed thru her clothes, it's time for a bra.

It doesn't need to be a full-fledged minimizer. A comfy tee-shirt bra is fine. I'd recommend taking her to a store that has competent bra fitters. Look for a tee-shirt fabric, comfy sports bra with a little shirring to give her the support she needs. This is what I got my teens (from Tafi in Lakewood) when they started out.

The Gap cami may also work, though it does not have the same support as the bra I'm describing. Gap also carries sports bras that might work, though again, the quality is not as strong.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 1:17 pm
Maybe it's cultural. I'm so happy my daughter doesn't have to handle a bra yet. I resisted the bra quite late as did my friends. And we turned out normal Wink
Also please for the love of G-d if you do get her a bracha, do NOT get a minimizer. There is nothing to minimize. She's as G-d made her, and we are believers, right? Even as an adult I would never agree to hide. get the right supportive bra, the right fitting clothes, and be proud of your body Smile

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 1:51 pm
Ruchel, I do think this may be cultural...but there was no shame involved when I got my girls their first (tee-shirt, sports) bra. In fact, it was a time to celebrate their growing up, and we went to icecream after, to celebrate.

Even though we believe that G-d made us all, we still cover our bodies with clothing. So everyone does hiding at some degree, right? It's normal enough to start wearing a bra when it is age/developmentally appropriate.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:52 pm
Yup. I just disagree that two points means you need a bra. Real breasts? Yup, unless dress baggy.

I wouldn't have wanted a bra celebration at all. I just wanted stam.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 4:15 pm
I like primark t shirts. They have some spandex in them so help keep things looking clean

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 4:50 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Maybe it's cultural. I'm so happy my daughter doesn't have to handle a bra yet. I resisted the bra quite late as did my friends. And we turned out normal Wink
Also please for the love of G-d if you do get her a bracha, do NOT get a minimizer. There is nothing to minimize. She's as G-d made her, and we are believers, right? Even as an adult I would never agree to hide. get the right supportive bra, the right fitting clothes, and be proud of your body Smile

Particularly at this time of year, never minimize the brachas.

What a wonderful autocorrect error for just before Rosh Hashanah. May your brachas never be minimized.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 5:15 pm
Hee hee and DD, 9, just asked for one because her friend got one. She doesn't need.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
not sure where to post this...
I need to buy my 10 year old an undershirt that will flatten her out on top. she is not ready for sports bra. just want a tighter full undershirt that will flatten those 2 little points. LOL
any suggestions where I can find? preferably online....

If a regular undershirt doesn't do the trick then it's time for something more. The cami with the built in self bra would work well if she's not ready for anything further.
We bought these instead of undershirts since they're butter soft and work better but they're not for someone who already needs support.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....AYJ89
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics