Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Orton Gillingham for Kriya?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:22 pm
Does anyone know of any available curriculum that teaches kriya with an Orton Gillingham approach? I'm OOT, so please don't suggest specific schools that do this - that's probably not helpful.

My son is having a hard time with both Hebrew and English reading and he will be thoroughly evaluated soon but meanwhile I'm looking for resources to use at home. That's easy to find with English but not Hebrew.

I know Hebrew is very phonetic but he's been "taught" all the nekudos and we've done consistent review over the summer...but definitely having issues:-( My other kids didn't present like this at all. He will be getting support in school but...I highly doubt it will be enough.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 4:10 pm
Check out Seder Kriah made by Torah4children.com

It incorporates the Orton Gillingham method.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 12:45 am
Yes! I think it's called Kriyah Master? Very well done, sequential materials, just found a link to the workbooks but that's just the student workbook materials, it also goes with cards and a teaching book IIRC http://www.eichlers.com/kriah-......html

The person who created it was a certified OG teacher working with dyslexic students in a yeshiva environment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics