Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How many benchers should I order?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 8:42 pm
We've invited about 375 people to my son's Bar Mitzvah. I'm trying to figure out how many benchers to order. Not all the replies are back yet, and they aren't due back until after Yom Kippur. However, due to Sukkos, I need to place the bencher order next Monday. I don't want to come up short, but I don't want to buy way too many. Obviously, not all 375 people will be coming, but it's kind of hard to figure out the order!

Help, please! Thank you!

happy12

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 9:06 pm
Not mor than 150. Most people don't take it home

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 10:46 pm
After making quite a couple of Bar Mitzvahs, I've come to the conclusion that most people don't want to take them home. I've ordered maybe 100 for each Bar Mitzvah and was left with tons!! Figure I had 75 leftover from each party. I am now stuck with 150 Bentchers. I think most people are being careful and have certain nice ones they use at home. They do not need anymore bentchers. Even myself. I tell all my family members. woe betide to any one who dares bring home another bentcher from a wedding or a party. Fast forward to the last Bar Mitzvah , I didn't even bother to print any at all. They were not missed in the least. Most people have Bentching apps on their phones, or if the party is in a shul, there are sure to be a few around for those who have washed.

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 11:33 pm
I think it depends on the benchers. I didn't have any left over. I had to grab half a dozen for our family. The boys were coming to the ladies side at the end and grabbing the benchers.

thanks

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 11:39 pm
I plan to have a nice box in middle of the table for benchers that people can use. If they take it home fine, but I agree that most people don't want them.

I have so many leftover from my daughters' weddings and my son's bar mitzvah.

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 5:55 am
Maybe 150?

A lot of people gave tons of bentchers at home. Plus many people will bentch from their phones.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 5:56 am
Even a hundred will be too many.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 6:21 am
I per family
You also may know who loooves benchers, and who just won't take

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 6:46 am
thats a hard one.

we had 150 guests at our wedding, 150 benchers and not a single one was left.

my friend had a bar mizvah with 265 guests. she ordered 250 benchers, no spare ones left.

another friend ordered 120 benchers for 250 guests and took almost 70 benchers home...

I cant tell you what it depends on, all the benchers were nice, pretty etc...

I would order one per family plus 20 extra ones.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 9:45 am
Same dilemma here! I ordered Succos benchers with ushpeizin tefilla and benching (party is between Yom Kippur and Succos) so wondering if more people than usual will bring them home? Went with 100 in the end.

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 11:18 am
I still have tons left. I wish that I just wrote the last name so I can use it for the boys next in line.

agreer

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 2:03 pm
zigi wrote:
I still have tons left. I wish that I just wrote the last name so I can use it for the boys next in line.

BRILLIANT!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics