Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start diet tomorrow with me
1  2  Next

livinginisrael

Post Sat, Sep 23 2017, 11:36 pm
Must lose a significant amount of weight.anyone want to join? Had baby last year and just can't lose it since

gdgirl

Post Sat, Sep 23 2017, 11:40 pm
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WEIGHT WATCHERS. You can do it online. It's reasonable because our didn't cut or any food groups and you can do it long term. There's even guidelines for how to maintain your weight once you have lost it. I started 3 months ago and have been doing well.

agreer

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 12:23 am
You want to start a diet right before Sukkos?

Talk about setting yourself up for failure...

Why don't you try to eat "reasonably" and not gain too much, and start right after Shabbos Bereishis.

That does NOT mean you have a license to eat freely. But timing is everything, and now is not a good time to start. You'll be too tempted, may fail early and feel defeated.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 12:55 am
I am on Weight Watchers online. It's great except I binged these past 3 days. But it's a good program with lots of encouragement on the Weight Watchers APP with connect.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:26 am
I feel so blessed. I've been basically doing keto since I found out about a health issue in may. I've lost fifty pounds and more importantly, I don't cheat. No binging, no eating off plan. It's not a very low calorie diet. Most importantly, im grateful that during shabbat and chag ( not to mention while running my restaurant in the summer) I eat basically the same all the time. It's not boring, I eat many different kinds of food, but more to say that no matter what's happening in my life I eat around the same amount and don't cheat. I wish I'd tried this thirty years ago.

livinginisrael

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 5:36 am
You lost fifty pounds since may? that's amazing. Gotta look into that .

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 5:43 am
Hmm following. Also in israel and need a balanced way of eating

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 1:32 am
livinginisrael wrote:
You lost fifty pounds since may? that's amazing. Gotta look into that .

Two things though. I weighed 315 when I started so some was bound to come off easy. Now I'm starting to watch more seriously but it's not a big deal because I'm never hungry and also don't need a very low cal diet to lose weight.

I know that I'll be doing this forever though. It started because I have an eye condition that requires stable blood sugar so I won't go blind. Keto has lowered my A1C but I also don't get highs and lows. I'm loving it and I don't even cook all that fancy stuff some do!

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 2:44 am
Andrea wow. Can you say more? What is A1C1? Do you have to eat a lot of meat, meat is expensive in Israel

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:59 am
I think this is the perfect time to start a lifestyle change for the better! what better time than during the 10 days!

OP, I'll join you too. I actually started this morning. I want to go into Yom Kippur, feeling good and less lethargic and puffy. Maybe lose a pound!

My plan is simple. Eat more veggies, a little more protein and a half serving of healthy non bread carbs with each meal. I will not have to worry about challah this shabbos because it will be Yom Kippur!

My starting weight is 174
My goal is 135

Hatzlacha!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:37 am
Ok I'm joining the fun! I'm cutting out most carbs and sugars for this week, maybe I'll have 1-2 fruits/whole grains a day. I want to feel healthier and more active

Once sukkos comes I'll have more healthy carbs but still limited.

Starting weight 170
Goal weight 145

Good luck everyone!

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
Ok I'm joining the fun! I'm cutting out most carbs and sugars for this week, maybe I'll have 1-2 fruits/whole grains a day. I want to feel healthier and more active

Once sukkos comes I'll have more healthy carbs but still limited.

Starting weight 170
Goal weight 145

Good luck everyone!

You must be my twin! Smile
Good Luck!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
Andrea wow. Can you say more? What is A1C1? Do you have to eat a lot of meat, meat is expensive in Israel

Because I am doing this 'forever', I had to do what I could live with. Its sort of a modified Atkins, modified because I am not eating a very low calorie diet (now that I am starting to control more, I am aiming for about 1500 a day) and because I don't strictly count carbs but periodically check to make sure I am mostly experiencing ketosis (by using ketostix.)

I eat meat, yes, but also, fish, cheese, lower carb nuts (my fave treat is macadamias) and LOVE greben when I can make it really crunchy! I eat a lot of tuna and eggs too. Meat isn't cheap in Canada either!

But on the other hand, I eat lots of vegetables, including frozen which can be less expensive and some fruit, but really minimal fruit. I also Love making vegetable soups, and use coconut milk regularly!

I don't eat sweet things or junk so truth be told, we are probably spending less on food overall because we are mainly buying fresh food regularly.

A1C is the blood test that tells you on average how high your blood sugar has been in the past three months. It measures this from residue on red blood cells. Red blood cells regenerate every 3 months, so it is important not to be tested more frequently than that. I don't check my blood sugar with pin pricks daily as I would if I were diabetic, so the A1C tells my Doctors the complete blood sugar story. The thing is, I KNOW I'm not having wild swings, because I don't eat things that could put me there.

Its been an amazing change in my head too. The other night, we were going to a shut dinner where I hadn't ordered anything special for myself and had no idea what was on the menu. I ate a snack before I went and ate less at dinner (turns out it was a good thing too, because the green beans had too much black pepper and the chicken was sweet, so while I ate it, I did not want as much as I might have otherwise. And you know what? I didn't even blink. I knew what I had to do to be healthy and so I did it. I never would have done such a thing before. To miss out on a dinner prepared by someone else and not go starving so I could eat my fill?!? nope, I took care of myself. And socialized like crazy instead of focussing on my plate! I ate too but it wasn't the most important part of my evening!

When I weighed myself yesterday, I was shocked to have lost a pound since I certainly ate a wide variety of foods over the chag and shabbat!

I'm not going to put a goal in because although I am 5 ft 2 and 265 I really have the goal of keeping my blood sugar under control, not so much losing weight. I do however want to maintain my weight loss and be on a general downward trend! So, I'll check in with you guys to be accountable too!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
You must be my twin! Smile
Good Luck!

I was thinking the same!!
Hopefully everyone here will reach their goals Smile

L K

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:24 pm
I sort of freeze when I try to think of vegetable options (not soup). What's out there aside from salad ones (tomatoes, cukes, peppers) and frozen green beans? I find stuff like raw carrots and lettuce seriously un-filling if that makes sense.

Fox

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:54 pm
I think that's my problem: I always want to start diets tomorrow! Very Happy

bargainlover

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:57 pm
L K wrote:
I sort of freeze when I try to think of vegetable options (not soup). What's out there aside from salad ones (tomatoes, cukes, peppers) and frozen green beans? I find stuff like raw carrots and lettuce seriously un-filling if that makes sense.

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Snow peas
Snap peas
Baby corn not corn on cob
Beets

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:59 pm
L K wrote:

I love roasted asparagus. Zucchini spaghetti salad. Steamed broccoli on the plata. Snap peas and carrots julienne. Bruschetta zucchini. Colorful roasted veggies or tri color veggie fries (fresh on the first night). Sauteed zucchini. Cucumber salad. Summer squash and tomatoes.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:35 pm
Joining!
starting weight 153
Goal: 135

I would love to lose at least 5 lbs till sukkos.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 12:21 am
Wanted to join under my SN but I'm too embarrassed. Maybe I'll out myself when I lose some.

I lost all my extra weight a few years ago but gradually stopped eating healthy, stopped exercising and gained it all back plus more.

My health is suffering. My Dr is telling me for a year already that I must lose weight. I just can't get myself back on the eat healthy/exercise bandwagon.

Starting weight 160
Goal 115
(I'm only 5' tall)

My biggest challenge is eating vegetables. I dislike most of them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise