Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start diet tomorrow with me
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 5:37 am
L K wrote:
I sort of freeze when I try to think of vegetable options (not soup). What's out there aside from salad ones (tomatoes, cukes, peppers) and frozen green beans? I find stuff like raw carrots and lettuce seriously un-filling if that makes sense.

I made roasted courgette (zucchinni) sticks last night and they were yum. Taste better then zoodles imo.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 7:11 am
amother wrote:
Wanted to join under my SN but I'm too embarrassed. Maybe I'll out myself when I lose some.

I lost all my extra weight a few years ago but gradually stopped eating healthy, stopped exercising and gained it all back plus more.

My health is suffering. My Dr is telling me for a year already that I must lose weight. I just can't get myself back on the eat healthy/exercise bandwagon.

Starting weight 160
Goal 115
(I'm only 5' tall)

My biggest challenge is eating vegetables. I dislike most of them.

Weird.
I'm also 5 feet tall and my starting weight is 180. I'm in excellent health and exercise regularly.
I started weight watchers in the end of August and have lost 7 pounds. It's much harder bcz. it's kilo and so sometimes the number doesn't change even if you lost a pound.
I did south beach three years ago and lost 25 pounds but the minute I went back on even a drop of carbs I gained it all back.
I'm so angry at myself.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:01 am
amother wrote:

Starting weight 160
Goal 115
(I'm only 5' tall)

Even for someone 5' tool, 115 is a very low weight. I don't think you have to aim for that. Rather set an attainable goal like 130 or something.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:13 am
amother wrote:
Even for someone 5' tool, 115 is a very low weight. I don't think you have to aim for that. Rather set an attainable goal like 130 or something.

When I lost my weight a few years ago I was 110. My Dr said that's where he'd like me to be but he'll be happy with 125.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:17 am
amother wrote:
Weird.
I'm also 5 feet tall and my starting weight is 180. I'm in excellent health and exercise regularly.
I started weight watchers in the end of August and have lost 7 pounds. It's much harder bcz. it's kilo and so sometimes the number doesn't change even if you lost a pound.
I did south beach three years ago and lost 25 pounds but the minute I went back on even a drop of carbs I gained it all back.
I'm so angry at myself.

Yes you sound like me. I'm in the US, so much more fun losing pounds than kilo. LOL

I also did the south beach diet when I lost. I never followed it 100%. I basically started with phase 2.
I started gaining back when I slacked with my exercising.
I'm still going to use it as a guide as I don't do well with rigid calorie counting.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:24 am
Raisin wrote:
I made roasted courgette (zucchinni) sticks last night and they were yum. Taste better then zoodles imo.

What is the recipe?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:28 am
I will join! I’m 148 and I would like to get to 130. I’m 5ft 2in

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 1:35 pm
No bread or wheat, sugar or excessive amounts of any other food group until Yom Kippur. Thats my plan for the next few days.

I am also using my kids serving dish with dividers to help me with portioning.

1 serving of protein, 1/2 serving of non grain carbs, 1 serving of veggies along with a fruit for dessert. Also am enjoying a big mug of green tea in the morning

I am not exercising at this point because I move around all day long!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
No bread or wheat, sugar or excessive amounts of any other food group until Yom Kippur. Thats my plan for the next few days.

I am also using my kids serving dish with dividers to help me with portioning.

1 serving of protein, 1/2 serving of non grain carbs, 1 serving of veggies along with a fruit for dessert. Also am enjoying a big mug of green tea in the morning

I am not exercising at this point because I move around all day long!

I’m cutting out wheat and sugar as well. I’m also not eating after supper. I clean up and go straight upstairs, away from my kitchen.

Today I had a cheese omelet for breakfast. I haven’t had time for lunch yet...
I’m so busy during the day between all the kids it’s hard to find time to eat. I try to drink lots of water.
I walk about 45 minutes every morning after the older kids are in school and I’m just home with my baby.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 11:21 pm
I have been on a plateau for two months! I just kept doing what I was supposed to and I am now at 52 pounds!

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 29 2017, 2:37 pm
Update,
This approach is working for me and it might work for you too:

Instead of monitoring calories or watching intake of certain food groups, I simply eliminate 1/3 of the amount of food I eat at every sitting or in my case standing( when I eat on the go)

LIke this morning, I ate a little less bread then I would normally take and shared a granola bar with my child instead of gobbling it all down.

Turns out with these modifications I saved about 200 calories!

I also replace some of those missing calories with healthy food like fruit and water, which causes me to be less hungry!

So far, my stomach feels better than it has in a long while and I have lost 1 pound ( probably water weight) so far.....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise