Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need to loose 10 pounds
1  2  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:13 am
The weight is just creeping up on me. Especially after rosh hashana!!! I did whole30 a few months ago and lost some, but gained all back and more. I know with sukkos around the corner not good timing, but I need to just get back on track. Can I loose 5 lbs from now till sukkos? Like if I drink a ton of water, and do a whole30 type diet? Really sad about the weight gain. Just needing support and any advice.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:15 am
I think you can :-)

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:17 am
me too!

I gained about 8 pounds in the last few months and I am scared of Sukkos.

Do you want to be buddies? maybe that will help

MiriFr

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:11 am
Try medifast. It's healthy and has long lasting results (and fun!). I know a fantastic medifast coach- menucha Edelstein 19174880926

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:24 am
MiriFr wrote:
Try medifast. It's healthy and has long lasting results (and fun!). I know a fantastic medifast coach- menucha Edelstein 19174880926

its super expensive

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:38 am
Here is the best, most sustainable diet I have come across:

For breakfast have 1/2 cup oatmeal (not instant), 1 fruit (either fresh, or a couple pieces of dried), and 14 almonds.
For lunch have 3-4 oz fish, 1 fruit, big salad with non starchy veggies 1/2 T olive oil and vinegar only. (limit avocado to 1/4 of an avo)
for dinner have 5 oz chicken, cup cooked veggies or non starchy veggie soup, and 1/2 cup rice.
If you must have a treat at night, have two squares only of dark chocolate.

No artificial sweetener, no sugar, no chemicals or processed food. No caffeine (or reduce if you cannot stop). Try not to snack, but if you must, make it either 1 cup of milk, 10 almonds, or 1 fruit. Drink only water, and lots of it.

On Shabbos, do the same diet, but allow 1/2 portion of dessert after the two seudos.

If you are out of shape, try to walk at least a bit each day.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 12:39 pm
Thank you! If I do this for 10 days, how much can I expect to loose. I exercise regularly. I'm 5'1 and now 120. Ideal weight is 108, but for sukkos will be good with 115.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 12:47 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
me too!

I gained about 8 pounds in the last few months and I am scared of Sukkos.

Do you want to be buddies? maybe that will help

Do you want to be my buddy?

I lost 14 pounds two years ago, and slowly it crept back. Over the summer gained five pounds and now back to square one. I would love to lose 30, but that would put me back to a 0-2 so not so necessary. But 20-25 would be amazing!!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 12:53 pm
I struggle with 10 pounds that I keep losing and gaining back. It's so hard!
Hatzlocha!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you! If I do this for 10 days, how much can I expect to loose. I exercise regularly. I'm 5'1 and now 120. Ideal weight is 108, but for sukkos will be good with 115.

Everyone's body reacts differently to diet. Sometimes it takes a body a few weeks to even register the diet change. If you focus on nourishing your body with healthy fuel/feeding your healthy cells instead of your fat cells, you have already accomplished a lot. The weight will come off naturally. There are very few people in the world that eat a totally clean diet with good portion control and are not losing or at a healthy weight. It is not about the numbers though, it is about feeding your healthy cells--the healthy body happens by itself. Eating clean leaves you feeling good about yourself, with good energy, with good mood. Eat right to fuel your body and mind as best as possible because you love yourself and want to be as efficient as you can in this world. The weight and numbers are a natural result. If you try any quick fad diet for two weeks, you will very likely gain it back. You need an attitude change for your changes to be sustainable.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:32 pm
Eat lots of raw, uncooked , non-starchy veggies. It does wonders for weight loss! The roughage acts like an internal broom, sweeping out the stuff that needs to get out.

L K

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:36 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I lost 14 pounds two years ago, and slowly it crept back. Over the summer gained five pounds and now back to square one. I would love to lose 30, but that would put me back to a 0-2 so not so necessary. But 20-25 would be amazing!!

I also want to lose 20 lbs.
How do we do it? I'm nursing and scared of feeling hungry.
And oatmeal in the morning makes me sleepy.

Eta: and I like mezonos things, and cannot do high interval like jumping etc.

Last edited by L K on Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:43 pm
We can do it ladies! I'm hoping for 10 days of serious discipline ......whoever is in, let's update on Friday, and then again on Wednesday!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:48 pm
The advice I was given for Yom Tov is protein and vegetables.
If you gain less than 5lbs, you're doing better than most.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 3:17 pm
I agree with the poster above that weight loss has to come from an attitude of positive direction toward health, and not about "losing something.". If it's only about decreasing pounds on a scale, the weight will soon creep back.

I also want to add that true health and weight maintenance must always consisit of three parts:

1. Diet (clean eating, no sugar, white, or processed foods, the diet outlined above sounds perfect, but I think the snacks MUST be included so that you are eating every 3/4 hours or so, and your blood sugar never tanks, sending you reaching for the quickest things to eat)

2. Weight baring/toning excersize (keeps your body toned, removes inches from your fat stores, builds muscle which counteracts development of fat, strengthens your bones and improves posture) for a half hour, at least three times a week

3. Aerobic excersize (walking, dancing, etc burns fat and improves heart function and circulation, reduces water retention and swelling) for a half hour, at least three times a week

While diet is crucial to weight maintenance, diet alone cannot do it! So make a three part health program your new year's resolution!

mirror

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 4:48 pm
10 pounds. That's it? Scratching Head I wish that's all I have to lose.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 5:21 pm
Iymnok wrote:
The advice I was given for Yom Tov is protein and vegetables.
If you gain less than 5lbs, you're doing better than most.

Agree!

My problem is, challah is a total trigger food for me. During the week I don't eat bread at all. But we have to wash and bentch on shabbos, and now 3 day y"t, that's six times washing, and no matter how much I try to psych myself that I will only have a k'zayis of challah and no more, idk I just lose all self control with that first bite!

Feeling kind of upset about it now, thinking about another 2 sets of 3 day y"t's.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

sure! how do you want to do this?

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:48 pm
I am going to try to drink a ton and avoid sugar and carbs. Also going to keep an eye on fat content but going to eat some healthy fats.

I want to lose 8 pounds that I gained recently. If I can lose 4-5 of them before sukkos that will amazing.

We have a full 10 days to do it.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 8:14 pm
I'm also joining!! I'm going to try to do 2 cycles of the military diet till sukkos. It's pretty doable, (I eat a drop more), and I have had success in the past.

http://themilitarydiet.com/mil.....plan/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise