Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Easy vegetable side dishes
1  2  Next

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:38 am
I am looking for easy vegetable side dishes for Succos - any ideas?

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 10:58 am
popcorn cauliflower, grilled veggies, sweet potato pie, roast potatoes with sweet potatoes, ratatouille, sesame brocolli, honey garlic green beans, roast zuchinni spears, sweet potato fries, sweet potato knishes, vegetable kugel, broccoli kugel, roasted garlic, bean burgers, broccoli quiche, mushroom quiche

tweety1

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 11:40 am
Recipe for broccoli quiche and veg kugel plz

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 12:52 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Recipe for broccoli quiche and veg kugel plz

I never made these myself but my sisters in law do. Here is the recipe for the vegetable kugel from one sil, and I will post the broccoli quiche recipe when I get it from my other sil:

Quick and easy version: 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons matzo meal, 3 tablespoons Mayo, 2 tablespoons onion soup mix, or more, it's yummy, some salt to taste and or whatever you like. Mix all that, then add the veggies. About a pound of veggies in 1/4 inch cubes (approx but basically if too big, doesn't come out right. I've never tried in food processor). Uncovered,400 for 50 minutes or a bit more or less - whenever the eggs don't look wet. Also, cheese on top is yummy. Alternatively, I'm sure a layer of corn flake crumbs on top and bottom is also good. Makes it look a drop fancier. Or nothing at all.

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:03 pm
INSPIREME wrote:
I am looking for easy vegetable side dishes for Succos - any ideas?

The easiest and most delicious way to enjoy vegetables, imo, is roasted with a bit of seasoning. The favorites in our house are roasted zucchini, asparagus, butternut squash, and cauliflower.

tichellady

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:09 pm
nicole81 wrote:
The easiest and most delicious way to enjoy vegetables, imo, is roasted with a bit of seasoning. The favorites in our house are roasted zucchini, asparagus, butternut squash, and cauliflower.

Agreed!
Green beans are also good roasted and I like to mix up veggies like mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and red onion

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:35 pm
This is a nice dish for Succos:

Harvest Vegetables:

Butternut squash, peeled and sliced
Onion, sliced thinly
Bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
Maple syrup or honey (just a drizzle)
Olive or canola oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut parchment paper to fit a large cookie sheet. Toss all ingredients together. Roast until squash is cooked through, mixing occasionally.

hannaxx

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:57 pm
Hot courgettes in tomatoe sauce goes well with meat or chicken.

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:12 pm
Boca00 wrote:
popcorn cauliflower, grilled veggies, sweet potato pie, roast potatoes with sweet potatoes, ratatouille, sesame brocolli, honey garlic green beans, roast zuchinni spears, sweet potato fries, sweet potato knishes, vegetable kugel, broccoli kugel, roasted garlic, bean burgers, broccoli quiche, mushroom quiche

Thanks! I would love the recipe for the sesame broccoli and the honey garlic green beans if possible.

fbmommy

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:17 pm
overtime cook has an incredible sesame broccoli.
Easiest dish ever-the mini colored peppers with some oil/spray and your favorite spices and bake

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:22 pm
Honey garlic green beans is yumm.. Not an exact recipe. Sautee green beans in a little oil with crushed garlic, soy sauce and honey to taste.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:39 pm
How do u reheat these veggies on a plata for yom tov- don't they get mushy or dried out? I have never been sucessful re-heating veggies or puff pastry foods , but I would rather not keep the oven on for 3 day yom tov.

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 4:08 pm
studying_torah wrote:
How do u reheat these veggies on a plata for yom tov- don't they get mushy or dried out? I have never been sucessful re-heating veggies or puff pastry foods , but I would rather not keep the oven on for 3 day yom tov.

I've never had an issue reheating puff pastry. I usually do it on top of another dish that gets very hot and leave it uncovered. For veggies, have you tried slightly underbaking them? I usually just serve them fresh but I have heard that might help so they don't get overcooked.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 4:14 pm
Sauté onions (and thinly sliced red peppers and mushrooms). Put the covered pan on the plata/Blech at licht benching with a pile of frozen green beans. Mix in some soy sauce and a few shakes of ginger. Mix well and plate it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to be fancy.

happyfaces

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 5:07 pm
Anyone have a good recipe for Zucchini and Carrot Noodles?

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 6:24 pm
freshly sauteed green beans were a huge hit in my house on yom tov. I cooked them just before the meal and left on the platter. Just fresh green beans, salt, pepper and garlic powder stir fried in a little oil till they go bright green. I do the same for shabbos but they get soggy by the time we eat and aren't as good. (but still delicious)

roast coloured peppers.

Roast eggplant cubes.

Roast purple cabbage

You can roast almost any veggie. Sometimes I roast a whole bunch and arrange rainbow style in pyrex dish.

Season, evoo, and roast sweet potato. after roasting mix with sweet chili sauce and toasted cashew nuts. Fresh parsley (optional) Yum hot or cold.

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 8:44 pm
Got the recipe for broccoli quiche!

32 oz frozen broccoli (she usually uses much less)
1/2 c warm water
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp onion soup mix
3 eggs
Pie crust
Cornflake crumbs

Pour all ingredients except for last two in a bowl and blend using hand blender. Pour into pie crust and sprinkle with cornflake crumbs. Bake at 350 until done, a little over an hour.

This is really good, I craved it when I was expecting!

4g01o

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:20 am
Boca00 wrote:
Got the recipe for broccoli quiche!

32 oz frozen broccoli (she usually uses much less)
1/2 c warm water
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp onion soup mix
3 eggs
Pie crust
Cornflake crumbs

Pour all ingredients except for last two in a bowl and blend using hand blender. Pour into pie crust and sprinkle with cornflake crumbs. Bake at 350 until done, a little over an hour.

This is really good, I craved it when I was expecting!

Does anyone know what sort of pie crust to use for this recipe please?
Surely not the biscuit type that I bake in or put ice cream in? Tia

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:22 am
Fab4 wrote:
Does anyone know what sort of pie crust to use for this recipe please?
Surely not the biscuit type that I bake in or put ice cream in? Tia

Pie crust dough. The one available in the freezer, that needs to be baked before filling.

Cheshire cat

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:34 am
ra_mom wrote:
Pie crust dough. The one available in the freezer, that needs to be baked before filling.

And after prebaking pie, would you bake with broccoli mixture for full hour+?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes