Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Literary agents

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 1:51 pm
If you've worked with a literary agent (or if you are a literary agent) can you please explain the process to me, as well as how to know if someone is legit, how much their commission usually is, etc.?

I've published several books in the past but I'd like to branch into some different types of books. For that I will likely need to find a different publisher and/or learn to navigate the self-publishing world.

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:42 pm
First, good luck. Your best bet is to look at books similar to what you're now writing and to find out who agented them. (Google is your friend.)

Most agents take ten percent, fifteen on foreign and film rights. A reputable agent will not charge a fee to read your submission, though s/he may suggest sending your work to an editing service. Look everyone up, and see what their clients have to say.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 9:55 pm
There are entire forums dedicated just to this. It's not really something you can learn on one foot.

doctorima

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 9:56 pm
Have you tried joining the frum group for writers called Soferet and posting there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club