Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which career should I choose?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:19 pm
Im planning to go to school and start a new career iyh. I would love start this january but am unsure what to go for

1- the career I always dreamed of since I was younger. I think I would be good and it and love everything about it. The downside - it pays a considerable amount less then my other choice, and there's much less flexibility.

2- there are for sure lots of things in this career that I'd enjoy just it's not my passion like the other career. The upside it pays better, and it's very flexible

Im having a hard time deciding - I love the first career and am finding it hard to give up the idea of doing that but with 3 young kids (and I would love a few more) the flexibility, and the better pay are big factors to consider.

I'm writing in the "working women" forum bec I know some people would right away say go for what your passionate about while others would say go for the career that would let you be around for your children most. I want to hear from people who are actually working , have kids and see what's its like balancing everything what they would choose in my position.

Maryann

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:22 pm
Hard to say without knowing what?
Also wasn't clear If you have been working till now or at home with kids?
And also are you working for the money or not? It makes a difference

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:25 pm
I vote for the job with flexibility. With little kids around you will appreciate this soooooo much. Unless there is a Bubby or someone around to help pick up the slack...? but do not let your passions die along the way. Figure out how you can get that experience out of a hobby instead...

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:27 pm
When you work at a career of your passion, the ease of that makes for a less draining/stressful day.
When you are passionate about your work, it's an energizing experience hence easier to juggle the load.

frumPA

Post Sun, Sep 24 2017, 2:37 pm
It would definitely help if you told us what the 2 choices are as people in that feild can comment. But in general I would definitely go with choice #2. At then end of the day you need something that is more flexible as it is very hard to juggle work and mommying I can say from experinec. And as much as in theory it's best to do whats ur passion.... at the end of the day cost of living is really high these days and salary is very important. I would never say do something you dont like bec its practical and pays well but picking a 2nd choice vs. a first choice definitely! And I encourage you to share what the 2 options are so u can get better feedback.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics