Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Should I get a Double Stroller? Please Advise

Member24

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:45 am
My girls will be 3y and about 16mo when my baby will be born.

I currently have the UppaBaby Vista Stroller, which I LOVE. I've used it with my first 2 with a bassinet and toddler seat, and now have toddler seat and rumble seat.

Given that my newborn and toddler will be much closer in age than my first 2, I was wondering if I should get a standard side-by-side double stroller. I've been looking into the Mountain Buggy Duet.

Any thought, experience or advice? Thank you

Blessing1

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:52 am
Definitely! I used my double stroller till when by kids where about 3&4 maybe even older.

frumPA

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 12:30 pm
I agree with blessing. My first two were 2 yrs apart and next one was born when younger one was 3 and I used my double all the time even when I had a 3 & 5 yr old! My 5 yr old had to get used to getting out of the carriage when my third was born! I have Citi select and love it. Its so much more practical than the side by side. You can maneuver it much better and fit down aisles....

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 12:34 pm
At age two, kids are generally strong walkers, but a bit slow. Its worth having a double if you will be out with two. If it won't be so often, you may be fine with a good carrier for the baby.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 1:03 pm
I have similar age gaps and I have the uppababy with the rumble seat and boogie board. Unfortunately the boogie board doesn't work with the bassinet. I really feel like I need a seat for my three year old still, but there are few triples out there.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 3:33 pm
I will tell you what I recommend as opposed to what I do not recommend.
There are several companies the Mountain Buggy duet is probably the best.
My friend just bought a stroller for about $700 I'm not going to say which company because it may be owned by a Jewish person.
bottom line the stroller collapsed as she was going with her babies on the steps which of course is not allowed because you are not allowed to take babies on steps with the stroller because the companies, do not back the product but the carriage folded as her husband was taking the kids up in the carriage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics