Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Crock pot on 3 day Yom tov

Bay leaves

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 12:24 am
Is it safe to leave crock pot on for 3 day Yom tov?
Has anyone done this?

boysrus

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 12:37 am
you can set it on a timer to come on for the day that you want it. If you want it on for shabbos, then you need to set it to come on sometime Friday afternoon and put the food in it before shabbos. I did this on second day of Rosh Hashana and it worked well for me.

devash1

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:39 am
I left mine on for 3 days and used it for all of the Day meals. I do this every Yom tov.

devash1

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:41 am
Oops posted twice.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 3:18 am
Timer wouldn't work due to cholent needing to be on nearly 24 hours. I just made sure to use a good surge protector. I think this is something important for anyone using a hotplate or the like for a Shabbos or Yom Tov when you'll be leaving it plugged in for a long time without you being there constantly. A surge protector can help prevent electrical fires.

disneyland

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 3:50 am
I leave my crock pot for 3 day yom tov. I could cook in it or warm food up. When I am not using it I just leave the insert out. I have done this even this past Rosh Hashana. On the first night after the meal I put meatballs, with enough seasoned water to cover the meatballs (I always put in water to cover so it doesn't burn.) and then in the lunch meal we had a warm meal. I took out the meatballs and warmed up other things for lunch, although it does take about half hour to warm something up because I leave the slow cooker on low.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 6:17 am
If you hold that you can remove timer pins on YT... I end up putting my crockpot on a timer. I left the insert out of the heating element. Each day it went on and off after a few hours. On Friday I pulled out the off pin after it went on so it would stay on for shabbos (I had a few hours leeway to pull out the pin before it was set to go off).

Bay leaves

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 12:42 am
Thanks

familyfirst

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 12:50 am
Do it all the time
When not using it I fill it with water so that the pot doesnt overheat
Works beautifully!

mamaleh

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 1:38 am
I leave mine on high for 3 days. Never had a prob.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics