Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black tights?
1  2  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 4:31 am
Normally I would wear black tights in October, but in this weather is it too early? Today was cool but the rest off the week should be anywhere from 69 to 79 degrees. I am so unsure of myself!

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 5:06 am
What is the alternative?

- A different color tights? Probably won't make much difference in terms of comfort; depends more on your choice of clothing.

- A lighter choice of leg-covering (I.e., socks)? Makes sense to me -- esp if you'll be uncomfortable.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 6:43 am
Wear anything you want and can haalchically.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 6:46 am
Once I switch over to black tights I stay with them even if it gets warm again. I switched over on Friday. I'm happy to dress in fall clothes and if it's warm out I won't choose very warm ones.

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 11:14 am
I would do nude tights when its 70° or higher but anything in the 60°s I would do black. So this week I would stick to nude tights if the weather stays as is. Probably after sukkos it will be cool enough to switch to black for every day.

But that's me. Do whatever you like. Wink

momsrus

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 11:30 am
I switched to black. But if it gets very warm again will need to go back to nude cause can't wear summer clothing with black tights.

frumPA

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 11:31 am
I wore black for the first time this morning since I went to work @ 7 and it was cold. But if its warm I will wear nude. I think it's ok at this time of year to do both depending on the weather that day. That's my personal preference. But if you specifically want to wear black its not weird to do so in 70's in October though I dont because I am uncomfortable in black tights when its too warm.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 2:37 pm
Thanks for all the replies. I just can't get the hang of fashion. Some people just know what to do/wear ... I am not one of them!

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 6:37 pm
Don't worry so much no one really gives a hoot as to the color of ur tights . Just for comfort reasons I would say go with nude if it's gets too warm

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:07 pm
I switched to grey as of Friday. I am thinking I will stay with black/grey. But I guess we'll see what happens. When it's warm I don't wear any tights, so maybe I'll do that, just with darker clothes if it gets really warm. I'm definitely done wearing very summery clothes. Those days are over for this year.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:18 pm
Out in Israel, I haven't switched over yet. It won't be cold here for another few weeks, plus most women wear black through out the summer out here. In any case, I lose how nude looks, especially with short cute fall boots. I only switch when I'm literally freezing in nude.

I was never a fan of black and grey tights.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 6:04 am
Most I know here wear nude, but at least 40den. Opaque black are 70den or higher. So for many it's not such a difference heat-wise.
I feel that this question is posed here every year. Look around, I'm sure you'll see both.

scotch

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 1:44 pm
has anyone ever received any comments or request from husband about loving black tights
I feel it very annoying Exploding anger

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 1:50 pm
scotch wrote:
has anyone ever received any comments or request from husband about loving black tights
I feel it very annoying Exploding anger

Is he complimenting the black tights on your legs or is he commenting on other women's legs and asking you to wear such kind of hose?

scotch

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 1:59 pm
he kept on telling me in the summer that he can't wait for the winter season when I'll change to black, and now he's counting the days, does that make any sense

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 2:03 pm
scotch wrote:
he kept on telling me in the summer that he can't wait for the winter season when I'll change to black, and now he's counting the days, does that make any sense

I wouldn't think too much into it.

scotch

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 2:08 pm
but its really annoying, does it make sense for men to be busy with these kind of stuff

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 2:22 pm
scotch wrote:
but its really annoying, does it make sense for men to be busy with these kind of stuff

Everyone is different. If this is the only thing about him that bothers you let it go. It's a non issue.

iammom

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 2:45 pm
scotch wrote:

Is it a frumkeit thing, meaning he thinks black tights are more tznius? Or is it a style thing where he likes how they look?

scotch

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 2:46 pm
more a style thing
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics