Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What to feed 9 month old baby

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 2:56 pm
I already feed him baby yogurt, baby jars, oatmeal cereal and chicken soup. I need some ideas of more meals to give my baby.
Meals that are filling and relatively easy to prepare Smile

sirel

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 3:06 pm
What's wrong with the food you give him? anything specific he likes or dislikes?
Do you need more variety, or does he Smile
I prepare blended vegetables soups with a split pea or lentil base for protein, freeze in small portions and take it out as needed.
I take soft fruit and cut very small, for finger food.
at this age I think I might try small pieces of bread already.definitely cheerios.

shabbos was always the easiest days for me with babies at this age-
friday they had chicken soup, and shabbos day they had cholent.
all my babies loved cholent.

nw11

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 3:59 pm
Compote, which I sometimes mix with yogurt/quark/baby rice. Avocado mashed up. I think at this age I started to give "real food" like chicken, meatballs, fish, cheese, egg and bread. Basically, whatever we have, just cut up small.

poledra

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:04 pm
Try looking into baby led weaning. It really works! You can actually be giving your baby non-pureed or mashed food that they can eat independantly. Your baby can basically eat anything you make for the rest of your family.

Maryann

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:39 pm
I give my 9 month old,
Soft boiled egg, liver, meatballs, pasta, rice, cheerios with or without milk, bamba

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 8:11 pm
We are talking about a baby with 2 teeth. Seems a bit early to give pasta, meatballs, chicken, etc.
baby is very happy with the foods I do give him however how many times can he eat the same foods? I’m looking for more variety.
I don’t like giving blended soups because they’re very hard to feed and I also don’t make soup that often (except chicken)

nicole81

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 8:23 pm
amother wrote:
We are talking about a baby with 2 teeth. Seems a bit early to give pasta, meatballs, chicken, etc.
baby is very happy with the foods I do give him however how many times can he eat the same foods? I’m looking for more variety.
I don’t like giving blended soups because they’re very hard to feed and I also don’t make soup that often (except chicken)

Babies don't need teeth to eat such foods. At 9 months old, my kids were eating everything we ate, just in smaller pieces, and with their gums. Chicken has been my baby's hands down favorite food since 7 months old.

As far as foods I made specifically for the baby that she loved... Scrambled eggs and cheese, quinoa with veggies, oatmeal (not the baby kind) cooked with berries and chia, and she also inhaled cheese.

MyUsername

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 2:21 pm
Kugels, pancakes (make with fruit, yogurt, or cottage cheese), and muffins (healthy ones).

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 3:16 pm
At this age I do soup and also blend whatever I make for the family for supper.
Also lots of meat and chicken jars for supper.
For lunch I do baby cereal.
I don't like doing too much yogurt at that age I find it can make them congested. Unless I pick up almond milk yogurt from the health food store.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 7:38 pm
MyUsername wrote:
Kugels, pancakes (make with fruit, yogurt, or cottage cheese), and muffins (healthy ones).

Pancakes is a great idea, I will try that tomorrow!
Do you have a recipe for healthy muffins?

MiriFr

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:25 pm
My baby just turned 9 mos, and he loves pancakes!
His fave: recipe #1- slice banana circles, dip into pancake batter, fry in coconut oil
Recipe#2- mash a boiled sweet potato with an egg or two (till u get a better like consistency), add a lil cinnamon, fry in coconut oil

lfab

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 7:21 am
Any soft foods that can be mashed with the gums is fine at this age, no teeth needed. One of my kids didn't get teeth till after their first birthday. If I had waited to start foods till then I have no idea what she would have eaten!
Foods to try: meatballs, hamburgers, really any chopped meat dish is soft enough to eat. Chicken and veggies from soup, yogurt, eggs, cheese (cubed into small pieces), banana, avocado, melon (if very ripe and soft and cut into very small pieces), potato kugel, baked potato, mashed potato, pancakes, pasta, bread (with cream cheese or peanut butter spread on it), cereal, oatmeal....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics