Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Challenge: I have... Give me a recipe!

pause

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 10:40 pm
I have instant vanilla pudding, instant chocolate pudding, whip topping, peanut crunch, and some other basic ingredients (flour, sugar, eggs, chocolate syrup, etc.) I also have pareve vanilla ice cream.

Create a delicious and easy Yom Tov recipe for me with some or all of these ingredients. I'm thinking something mousse-y and layered? Any inspiration?

chouli

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 3:32 am
Prepare a simple cake, top it with one kind of pudding and put sprinkles on top. Voila

Vanilla

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:48 am
Par eve tiramisu or eclaire cuts (Sara finkel cookbook, which I lost).

pause

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:58 am
bump

purpleonion

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:16 am
I'd would do layers of whip , vanilla pudding , chocolate pudding and crunch on bottom and top , u can use nice individual cups , very pretty

pause

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:19 pm
Next issue: So I'm trying purpleonion's idea and because I want it pareve I used rice dream to form the instant pudding. But it's not thickening. Is rice dream not a good substitute for milk here?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:37 pm
pause wrote:
Next issue: So I'm trying purpleonion's idea and because I want it pareve I used rice dream to form the instant pudding. But it's not thickening. Is rice dream not a good substitute for milk here?

I would use half the amount of milk the standard recipe for instant pudding calls for. If it's two cups for box of pudding powder , I'd use one cup milk. I've done this with soy milk and almond , coconut milk. Never used rice milk.

I have a different idea for you. You can make a trifle bowl:
Make a cake with your regular cake ingredients, such as chocolate cake or yellow cake. Cut into small squares
Whip up the topping until stiff, add in vanilla instant pudding and beat well.
Layer a layer of chocolate cake squares in a big trifle bowl
Spread 1/3 whipped mixture on top of cake
Drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle nut crunch on top of whip.
Repeat process of layering, top layer should be whip sprinkled with nut crunch. You can also do a layer of whip and chocolate pudding as well.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:38 pm
pause wrote:

Instant pudding won't set with these milks. You can try coffee creamer or topping.

pause

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:45 pm
So now that my vanilla pudding is gone (dissolved in 2 cups rice dream), I need an idea that uses only chocolate pudding and anything else I mentioned in my op.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:54 pm
Some ideas you can play around with
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=20

pause

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 8:12 pm
And .....

tada!

OutATowner

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:19 pm
Yum!

Moonlight

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:29 pm
Looks delicious!

pause

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:55 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I would use half the amount of milk the standard recipe for instant pudding calls for. If it's two cups for box of pudding powder , I'd use one cup milk. I've done this with soy milk and almond , coconut milk. Never used rice milk.

I have a different idea for you. You can make a trifle bowl:
Make a cake with your regular cake ingredients, such as chocolate cake or yellow cake. Cut into small squares
Whip up the topping until stiff, add in vanilla instant pudding and beat well.
Layer a layer of chocolate cake squares in a big trifle bowl
Spread 1/3 whipped mixture on top of cake
Drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle nut crunch on top of whip.
Repeat process of layering, top layer should be whip sprinkled with nut crunch. You can also do a layer of whip and chocolate pudding as well.

Thanks for that tip! I tried it with the chocolate pudding so that I would know for future reference, and it worked! I ended up layering brownie cake (a recipe from imamother Smile ), whipped topping, peanut crunch, chocolate pudding, and another layer of cake and topping with chocolate shavings and peanut crunch on top.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics