Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Cornish hens--- help!

DVOM

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 8:38 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm going to skip the backstory... the end of the story is that I've found myself to be the proud owner of a big bag full of Cornish hens.

I spent the past hour cleaning the little dudes. They look like little chickens, but smell gamier, if that makes sense. Any ideas for how to cook them? I'm weirdly in the mood for something complex and complicated and exotic!

Thanks y'all!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:31 pm
They are in fact gamier. You cook them just like you'd cook a whole chicken except for less time because they're smaller. I think kosher by design has a few recipes, forgot which books they're in.

987gold

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:42 pm
Make any yummy stuffing If you want. I would saute onions mushrooms maybe celery, add some bread, maybe some spices and stuff them. stuffing isn't needed.
The most delicious ones I made, I put fresh garlic(can use frozen or garlic powder if lazy) and pour duck sauce over them and baked for a good 3 hours. We like our chicken soft. bake covered!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics