Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Any way to get help through the BOE with an adhd diagnosis
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 7:12 pm
I have never heard of OT being part of a 504 plan. Am I mistaken about 504 being specifically for accommodations and not for services?

cbsp

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 3:09 pm
seeker wrote:
I have never heard of OT being part of a 504 plan. Am I mistaken about 504 being specifically for accommodations and not for services?

You are not mistaken and I didn't understand it either.

With my DD, a few years ago they refused to classify her but then said "if she'd be in PS then we'd be able to offer her all the recommended services (OT, PT, 1:1 aide) under a 504 plan. Maybe Passaic is different?

For some unknown reason we were able to get a 504 plan for my DS (and other children) in our private school for this past school year. The way it was implemented seemed to be easier bureaucratically than the ISP process so the private school director advised parents to go that route. That availability was rescinded in Jun with no explanation. Since we had no clarity as to why it was available and why it was rescinded there was no clear path to challenge the decision.

Mothers

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 3:43 pm
seeker wrote:

I’m not sure about OT, but assistive technology can be provided through a 504.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)