Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Craziest Flights
1  2  Next

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 12:31 am
Please share yours...

An elderly guy a few rows up (wearing earplugs) came up to us when my son was crying (not even so loud and for like a minute literally) and asked "are you doing anything to mitigate the screaming?" We asked what he wants us to do and he said "did you try telling him to stop?"

Thanks, Einstein. Dunno why I didn't think of that.

ETA- Across the aisle from us was a large group of drunk coworkers singing loudly. He had no complaints about that. He summoned the steward to complain about us and the steward came to give us a speech... Which basically went "You're really doing great, don't worry about him. I don't know why he isn't complaining about them who are being way more disruptive"..

Last edited by Boca00 on Wed, Oct 04 2017, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 12:37 am
Then there was the time the lady next to me asked me if she could show me pics from her recent two week trip. I said sure, how many pics could that be already?

At least a thousand pics, no jokes. Pics of garbage dumps, multiple pics of a tree that she was trying to photograph a bird on, a carcass, the shirtless guy they rented from... Then her battery died! Yes!

She turned to her husband (he's my battery man!) and put new batteries in and proceeded to start from the beginning. I quickly showed her how you can start from the end.

The worst was that she didn't stop talking for a second and didn't hear a thing I said. For ex, I told her "it looks like you had such a great time, would you consider moving there?" She said "NO!" And then a min later told me how she and her husband were thinking of moving there...

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 12:54 am
On my way home from Australia, a 15 hour flight to San Francisco, an entire family of huge people sat in back if me. They kept on switching seats kicking and bumping me the entire time. They were loud. Singing. I couldn't close an eye for the entire 15 hours.

To top it of, I took an EPT while still in Australia and it was positive. I remember sitting in the San Francisco airport waiting for the connecting flight and the whole place seemed like a merry go round. I was so dizzy. Na. I came home and promised myself that the farthest I will ever fly will be to Isreal.
Lol I have changed my mind by now... there are ways to make sure EPTs aint positive....

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 2:11 am
Boca00 either your flights are hysterical or I love your writing style, maybe both. LOL

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 2:28 am
How about the time I missed a flight because my friend needed to use the bathroom, then she refused the exray and needed a pat down - just in case - she was pregnant... (she was and she knew it....)
And we missed it by seconds.
One if my friends(?) Went to yell at some people in tsa uniform.... that they have to call back the flight and its only taxiing. I said lets pls be adults. Swallow the disappointment, book a room at the closest hotel, call a taxi and sleep over.
By the time she finally agreed, no hotel within 20 minutes drive had ANY empty rooms.....
We ended up sleeping in the airport overnight. Both my friends slept like logs. I couldn't close an eye. Hard plastic airport chairs. And
The guy next to me on the next flight was watching horror movies. Amd smelled.
My other friend was terrified. Also first time flying. At take off she freaked out and instinctively squeezed the thigh of the person next to her. She opened her eyes to see a huge guy looking away. She said sorry. Ajd he smiled down at her "its ok." Gosh. She wanted to die. Lol

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 5:43 am
My craziest flight was recently, back from family in Israel. There were Xtian pilgrims and they started to sing in Hebrew, wave Israeli flags... I took some gorgeous videos.

ssspectacular

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 5:50 am
We were flying to Israel with 4 kids (their first flight) and a lady DIED on the plane. The pilot made an emergency landing n Frankfurt, Germany to let her off with her daughter. Our plane was met by German police who were unsure if this was a hoax.
Never will forget this one.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 7:40 am
Um, how in the world did she DIE?!

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 8:34 am
seeker wrote:
Boca00 either your flights are hysterical or I love your writing style, maybe both. LOL

Awww thanks Smile

Love all these stories, keep them coming!

I have lots more lol...
There was the time my husband was holding the baby, who started to kvetch and reach for me. The guy across the aisle said "oh he knows where his food comes from! Call of nature!" And stared and stared at us waiting to see the "show" so I obviously couldn't feed him there (even all covered) and had to go to the bathroom so I could feed him standing. (If you never tried that, you are missing out.)

Once in the airport I went to the bathroom and left my husband playing with the kids. When I came back I see this beautiful blonde woman standing over them and talking to him. She turns to me and says, "So you are the real thing? You mean you guys have been Jewish for generations all the way back? Wow, that is SO beautiful!" And she proceeded to ask all these questions and to tell me how she and her friends really believe that Israel belongs to the Jews and how of course it should be our state... She knew more about Israeli history than I did lol...
Moral of the story- Don't freak out if you see a beautiful woman schmoozing with your husband the second you leave him alone. Wink

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 9:27 am
When I finished my Shana Bet in Israel - I also stayed for a summer course - my flight back was in July of 1996, scheduled to take off about an hour after a plane R"L blew up in NY. When I got to the airport, security was at its highest level, the likes of which I had never seen before. There were dogs sniffing about....They basically took my suitcases, dumped them out on a table, searched them, and dumped my stuff back in.

The flight itself was fine, but boy were tensions high.....I had no idea why it was so until I got home and heard the news.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 9:27 am
On our way back from vacation I had terrible gas, the entire 6 hour flight. I was hoping my husband wouldn't notice anything. Luckily he didn't say a thing. The next day he tells me that the guy next to him smelled terribly! Boy did I laugh! Lol! I never did tell him the truth! Very Happy

ssspectacular

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 10:46 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Um, how in the world did she DIE?!

Heart attack!

RebekahsMom

Post Fri, Oct 06 2017, 12:52 am
No crazy stories here. I haven’t been on a commercial plane in years.

Coolest story? Having the Chinese Olympic team on my flight. (They walked past- not that amazing).

Funny to me story? My husband and I rushed to Florida (Bubbe was in the hospital). On the trip home, the baggage clerk stops us. “Excuse me, this bag is too heavy. We need to charge you more for it.”

Me: how can that be? We didn’t buy any souvenirs. It’s the same weight as we left home (NJ) with!

Clerk; well they’re lazy about weighing bags there. This one is over. If you want to fly with it, we need to charge you.

Me: fine. Put my bags down. I’ll reorganize them so they’re both the same.

Clerk: Ma’am, you can just pay the fee. (eyeing my husband) she isn’t serious, is she?

Husband: yeah. She’s absolutely serious, and she’s pregnant, so I would just give her back the bags and let her do her thing if I were you.

Clerk: ya know, it’s only 3 lbs over. I guess we can let it slide.

Seriously? You’re being a jerk about 3 pounds? (Yes, I totally would’ve reorganized!) People just enjoy feeling bossy/ powerful.

Teomima

Post Fri, Oct 06 2017, 4:09 am
Once DH and I were flying home to Israel, via Frankfurt. We had to go through a secondary security screening before entering the gate. The flight was delayed and there we were, a whole bunch of Israelis cordoned off from the rest of the airport. Well, a few people had instruments on them and it turned out there was a choir there also in their way home, and before you knew it there was a gate full of Israelis playing and singing ירושלים של זהב in the middle of this German airport. I'll never forget that.

Studious

Post Fri, Oct 06 2017, 5:05 am
RebekahsMom wrote:
No crazy stories here. I haven’t been on a commercial plane in years...

Seriously? You’re being a jerk about 3 pounds? (Yes, I totally would’ve reorganized!) People just enjoy feeling bossy/ powerful.

I'm completely with you. I have actually reorganized the bags twice. Once on my way to seminary in Israel and once on a family vacation to a destination without much kosher food. We had stock piles of frozen quiches, cheeses, tortillas, hiking gear, etc. totally overweight!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 9:47 am
Oh gosh we prob have a few funny stories but right now I can only remember this mortifying incident...
Flying to Israel from Australia with a few kids, two looong flights. I think we only got the bassinet on one leg of our trip (out of 4 flights - both ways). So that's a lot of baby holding.
My baby just wanted to nurse a lot and I was ok with that, it kept the calm and peace ...
With a couple of layers of clothing on I think I'm pretty experienced with nursing and keeping covered, so I was ok to nurse in my seat. Anyway at one stage of the flight I wake up and realise me and the baby had both fallen asleep and the baby had unlatched and relaxed in my arms leaving me exposed 😳😳😳.
It was the 'nighttime' part of the flight so the cabin was dim and lots of people were sleeping, so I tried to reassure myself that not too many ppl walked by. And hoped that I hadn't been asleep for long.
Gosh, I'm getting embarrassed again just thinking about this 😫

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 1:58 pm
RebekahsMom wrote:
No crazy stories here. I haven’t been on a commercial plane in years.

Coolest story? Having the Chinese Olympic team on my flight. (They walked past- not that amazing).

Funny to me story? My husband and I rushed to Florida (Bubbe was in the hospital). On the trip home, the baggage clerk stops us. “Excuse me, this bag is too heavy. We need to charge you more for it.”

Me: how can that be? We didn’t buy any souvenirs. It’s the same weight as we left home (NJ) with!

Clerk; well they’re lazy about weighing bags there. This one is over. If you want to fly with it, we need to charge you.

Me: fine. Put my bags down. I’ll reorganize them so they’re both the same.

Clerk: Ma’am, you can just pay the fee. (eyeing my husband) she isn’t serious, is she?

Husband: yeah. She’s absolutely serious, and she’s pregnant, so I would just give her back the bags and let her do her thing if I were you.

Clerk: ya know, it’s only 3 lbs over. I guess we can let it slide.

I would reorganize too. Overweight luggage fees are $$$.

little_mage

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 9:28 pm
I can not count the number of times I have reorganized in the airport, probably doing it at least every other flight. And I used to fly a lot. Thinking about it, I don't think I've been on a plane for about two years, which might actually be the longest time I've gone without flying in my life (I was on my first plane at about three months...).

gamanit

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 9:58 pm
I was once assigned a middle seat since both aisle seats were taken. I come onto the flight to find that both aisle seats were taken by a couple- husband and wife. I asked if any of them would switch with me but both refused saying they each want the aisle. They spent the entire flight talking over my head and passing their baby back and forth to each other. It was extremely frustrating. I asked again mid flight after they had passed they baby for the third or fourth time or so if any of them wanted to change seats and again the answer was no... I don't get some people.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 12:53 am
I was once flying NY to E"Y with a DD, age under 3. They were unable to seat the two of us together, but assured me that surely whoever was sitting near us would be willing to switch to keep a mother and preschooler together. When I got on the plane I saw that the two other people sitting in my row were an elderly couple who seemed to need each others' help. But sitting near my daughter was a young yeshiva boy in his late teens wh I was certain would accommodate us. To my surprise, when I asked him, he said he didn't feel like moving as he had already taken his shoes off and gotten comfortable. The flight attendant said she couldn't make him do it. So I decided to see how this played out. I assumed, correctly as it turned out, that it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes for him to realize that he didn't REALLY want to spend an 11+ hour flight sitting next to someone else's small child. Sure enough, shortly after takeoff the young man appeared at my seat saying " your baby seems to be crying. Can you do anything?" I said "not from back here I can't." He said "I guess I was an idiot" and changed seats with me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics