Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Milwaukee

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 11:43 pm
We're on the east coast, and heard that there's free tuition for elementary school yeshiva in Milwaukee - is that true & is there only one yeshiva (which is it?)? Are there any specific areas you must live in/income qualifications? How much does the yeshiva high school (which is it?) there cost?

And what would you say is the best way to learn about the community there and if our family might fit in?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 8:31 pm
Bump. Anyone have info on this or know where I can get info? Thanks!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 10:43 pm
probably the school you are referring to is Yeshiva Elementary School. You must live in the city of Milwaukee and qualify for the voucher program. I have no idea what the qualifying salary would be for the voucher program. the vast majority of families that send their kids to YES live in the area where YES is located, called Sherman Park. Beth Yehuda is the shul everyone goes to and the Twerskis are there. The only yeshiva high school I know of in Milwaukee is WITS and I have no idea whether they take vouchers or not. They are in a different area of town and I think boarding is required but not sure.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:43 am
Amother Blonde, A belated Thank You - I appreciate the info you've given. If anyone else has info to add, please do.

Strudel

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 10:11 am
Yes there are income limits. I think it's called the Choice programe.
For a family of 4 the limit is low 70's, for 5 it's in the mid 80's.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 2:04 pm
Thank you Strudel! How can you apply to the program - is there a website or something? Do you know if you qualify do you still need to pay some tuition or would it be completely free?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating