Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What is your favorite household chore?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What is your favorite household chore?
Dishes  
 18%  [ 16 ]
Laundry  
 45%  [ 40 ]
Floors  
 5%  [ 5 ]
Bathrooms  
 8%  [ 7 ]
Wash windows  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Change linens  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Other-please specify  
 17%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 87

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 7:59 pm
I love cooking and baking (and cleaning help that packs away!!!)

tf

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:46 pm
Absolutely NOTHING.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:54 pm
Cooking. HATE cleaning.

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 9:00 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Have you read Mrs. Piggle Wiggle?

Refresh my memory...

exhausted

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:03 pm
I'll do dishes!

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:29 pm
exhausted wrote:
I'll do dishes!

Yay! When can we start??

sequoia

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:46 pm
I hate all of them.

The only thing I enjoy is cooking.

sirel

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 12:27 am
I don't hate anything on the list, but I need someone to fill out forms for me.
work/medical/insurance/tax related, it gets pushed off until waaaay past the right time...

etky

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 1:01 am
While cooking is a household chore in the sense that it is something that needs to be performed on a routine basis within the home, it differs from the other tasks in that it is a creative activity- some would say even an art. It is also varied in a way that the other tasks are not and is thus not mind numbing (though mind numbing has its appeal too sometimes...).
Organizing and decluttering are also qualitatively different in that they require a mental effort: decision making, classifying, prioritizing etc.
I love cooking and decluttering and organizing but I also find satisfaction in some of the cleaning chores like vacuuming, as one poster said.
I've realized that what I dislike most are the cleaning chores that involve cleaning with water and cleaning agents- mainly the bathroom and floors, especially in winter. The one exception is dishes: I don't mind doing them (in hot water). It can even be relaxing.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 6:34 am
Nothing that includes, bending, carrying, or hot.

I guess doing the floors with the long stick and the rag. Or doing the windows with a wet sponge but not the tall ones where you bend.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 9:13 am
sorry, I posted other.
I have NO favorite household chore. I hate all of the options you mentioned. Why would anyone like doing any of those options? They are just things that have to get done.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
sorry, I posted other.
I have NO favorite household chore. I hate all of the options you mentioned. Why would anyone like doing any of those options? They are just things that have to get done.

This. I don't enjoy any of it. It's just something that I have to get through in order to have a clean home.

The one thing I only slightly enjoy is organizing - creating order out of chaos is a good feeling even before the end result. Alas, it requires lots of time and mental energy so I don't do it as often as I should.

abaker

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 12:15 pm
I put other. I like decluttering and getting rid of things. Sorting through the pile of papers thats been on top of the microwave forever or cleaning off the shelf that somehow collected everything that had no home elsewhere. Tidying up like that is so "freeing"

I don't mind laundry but I don't like schlepping up and down the basement. A main floor laundry room would be nice.

Boca00

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 12:29 pm
I really do love laundry (not enough to do it as a career though! lol). I live in a building so there's a few perks I won't have once I move to a house:
-I can get up to 5 loads in at the same time
-It's on my floor and I have a wheelie laundry cart (no shlepping)
-It's a social event (though when other people are there I definitely don't get 5 loads in at once)

So, yeah, I might not always enjoy it this much. But I still like the ease of it (compared to handwashing for example) and I LOVE the smell of clean laundry.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 12:31 pm
Laundry. I guess compared to shlepping in out or doing it by hand, which were my only options for a couple of years while single, having a washing machine is still a real mechaya.

Other than that, I enjoy cleaning the bathroom mirror and don't mind sweeping but don't like the germy parts of the bathroom or washing the floor so they don't count as full chores.

tf

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 12:44 pm
abaker wrote:
I put other. I like decluttering and getting rid of things. Sorting through the pile of papers thats been on top of the microwave forever or cleaning off the shelf that somehow collected everything that had no home elsewhere. Tidying up like that is so "freeing"

I don't mind laundry but I don't like schlepping up and down the basement. A main floor laundry room would be nice.

Then why is your imamother name Abaker? Just kidding.

Boca00

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 12:48 pm
tf wrote:
Then why is your imamother name Abaker? Just kidding.

She doesn't even consider that a chore, must be LOL

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 5:06 pm
Oh, I have no interest in chores either.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 5:15 pm
Other. My favorite household chore is paying the housekeeper. embarrassed

YoYo

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 5:21 pm
Laundry, ironing.... doesn't mean they get done!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics