Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
What did you gain from yontiff (and I don't mean weight)
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 3:54 am
Loved this thread, gave insight to all the REAL stuff about life... & I discovered an additional idea for year-round: regular shabbosim used to feel so monotonous to me, all the same. But when u have a growth-oriented, spiritual mindset, you not only don't SHIRK your wife-mother-daughter-sister-friend-employee duties, you take PRIDE in every constructive action u do as "another expression of the magnificent humanity Hashem created me with" (as any one of us could technically have been created as an animal...u can see I read a lot of philosophy huh? & aish.com EVERY day. Also try "The Jewish Theory of Everything" by Max Enteby for a lighter touch). & (cuz I just realize I got lost in my rant Wink specifically for shabbos thoughts: remember that every parsha, with all its insight on the story of the world (ALSO super important to read about & its so easy with Artscroll) comes but ONCE a year, might as well cherish it as a unique moment in time... & while that concept can also be applied to every day, every minute of our lives, I think ill quit boring u all right here.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 8:32 am
amother wrote:
Loved this thread, gave insight to all the REAL stuff about life... & I discovered an additional idea for year-round: regular shabbosim used to feel so monotonous to me, all the same. But when u have a growth-oriented, spiritual mindset, you not only don't SHIRK your wife-mother-daughter-sister-friend-employee duties, you take PRIDE in every constructive action u do as "another expression of the magnificent humanity Hashem created me with" (as any one of us could technically have been created as an animal...u can see I read a lot of philosophy huh? & aish.com EVERY day. Also try "The Jewish Theory of Everything" by Max Enteby for a lighter touch). & (cuz I just realize I got lost in my rant Wink specifically for shabbos thoughts: remember that every parsha, with all its insight on the story of the world (ALSO super important to read about & its so easy with Artscroll) comes but ONCE a year, might as well cherish it as a unique moment in time... & while that concept can also be applied to every day, every minute of our lives, I think ill quit boring u all right here.

This was great. I see there's a recipe button. Maybe I'll file this under recipes for life Tongue Out

etky

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 9:46 am
amother wrote:

Not at all boring! I loved your response and very much relate, especially to the part about the parsha.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 11:01 am
We gained memories. Family time. Change of daily routine. Good Succos stories to read.

I cook everything before yom tov so it's not so exhausting.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics