Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dishwasher recommendation

freedomseek

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 5:44 pm
Hi
I'm looking to purchase a new dishwasher.
If you are satisfied with yours can you please post the brand and model?

Any additional info would be appreciated!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 5:50 pm
freedomseek wrote:
Hi
I'm looking to purchase a new dishwasher.
If you are satisfied with yours can you please post the brand and model?

Any additional info would be appreciated!

I'm extremely happy with my d/w - it's about 5 years old though. Kitchen aid KUDS3 01XBL1.

cbg

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:20 pm
Mauve, do you have other Kitchenaid appliances?
Which ones?
Are you happy with them?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:25 pm
cbg wrote:
Mauve, do you have other Kitchenaid appliances?
Which ones?
Are you happy with them?

Only the dishwasher. I'm very happy with my dishwasher.

Pickle1

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 9:26 pm
I moved recently had 2 in my old house and 2 in my new house. plus I work in an appliance store. so here's a crash course:
whirlpool/maytag/amana are all really the same company, same quality. very good basic dw. I am happy with both
frig is a little bit lower end - might come out cheaper - but the company is terrible service etc. make sure buy extended warranty if u go with this
ge is also lower end and doesn't clean too well. the older ones were made better. the new ones aren't good and don't clean well
ka is a the next step up - has a stainless steel tub warrantied for lifetime or 20 yrs..motor, computer parts covered 5 yrs is definitely better quality and can store much more in the racks than the wpl,maytag,amana. some ppl hold u can kasher for pesach and they buy an extra set of pesach racks. I personally found the wpl/maytag/amana dw cleaned my dishes better than the ka - pots sparkling etc. but the ka was def decent and for fleishigs u def need one that fits a lot.
going a step higher is the Bosch - its very pretty and quiet - but I wouldn't recommend I hate it. and customers hate it. it fits a lot in it, computer and motor covered 5 yrs etc but because of its design it doesn't have heating element on bottom to dry and u will forever busy dealing with wet dishes and moldy smells. when I open my dw door the stench is always yucky no matter how I clean it...I have a list of tips bsh recommends plus they have a youtube video that put out to show u how to load etc. its a nightmare.
fisherpaykel - made in new zealand makes a double drawer dishwasher - its more expensive but very good quality. its like having 2 mini dw's - good for milchig and pareve
LG and samsung - are pretty but terrible dws and the companies have terrible service. if buy one, make sure u buy extended warranty

freedomseek

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 10:13 pm
Min2006, thanks so much for your informative response.
So basically you recommend the whirlpool?
And kitchenaid as well.
Am I right?

Pickle1

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 10:37 pm
yes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen