Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Car seat recommendation?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 12:52 pm
I have one child in a booster seat and my 2.5 year old is in a forward facing Britax. I'm pregnant with my third baby who will go in an infant seat, but my babies tend to outgrow those by 9 months or earlier. I need to buy a car seat for carpool for another 2 year old which I will eventually move my 2 year old into when the baby moves into the Britax (rear facing of course). She'll be 3 by then so I need a car seat that's better for an older child which will last in terms of height/weight requirements until she's big enough for a booster seat.

I have a minivan and the plan is for the new car seat to be installed in the back row for now if that makes a difference. I obviously want a safe seat but I would prefer not to spend a fortune. Easy installation is a major plus.

Recommendations? TIA!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 4:40 pm
I love the Evenflo SureRide / Titan (essentially the same car seat but with slightly different features). Can be installed with a seat belt or latch, but the Walmart version (and maybe other versions) of the Titan has super-easy push button latch connectors (the regular SureRide has hook ones which are a little more annoying, though maybe some SureRide models have push button latch) - the push button latch is fantastic for easy installation and removal. The seat is also very lightweight, which also makes installation and removal easier. It has a very high height limit both rear facing and forward facing - the car seat will last you until your kid is 6 no problem (for reference, my 4 year old is still rear-facing in it). It's quite it's cheap, we got ours for under $100. The only downside is that it is a little wide and may not work if you need three car seats across the backseat.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:04 pm
Thanks!

Anyone else want to chime in?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
I have one child in a booster seat and my 2.5 year old is in a forward facing Britax. I'm pregnant with my third baby who will go in an infant seat, but my babies tend to outgrow those by 9 months or earlier. I need to buy a car seat for carpool for another 2 year old which I will eventually move my 2 year old into when the baby moves into the Britax (rear facing of course). She'll be 3 by then so I need a car seat that's better for an older child which will last in terms of height/weight requirements until she's big enough for a booster seat.

I have a minivan and the plan is for the new car seat to be installed in the back row for now if that makes a difference. I obviously want a safe seat but I would prefer not to spend a fortune. Easy installation is a major plus.

Recommendations? TIA!

Just got the diono radian and love it. It's for all ages and extremely comfortable for big kids as well. But it's expensive

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 2:17 pm
Bump

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 5:23 pm
I have this carseat and love it. There is the evenflo xl that is the same car seat but a bit narrower. Around $60 last time I saw it on Amazon. Most fiends and family of mine have evenflo carseats and have been safe and happy.

amother wrote:
I love the Evenflo SureRide / Titan (essentially the same car seat but with slightly different features). Can be installed with a seat belt or latch, but the Walmart version (and maybe other versions) of the Titan has super-easy push button latch connectors (the regular SureRide has hook ones which are a little more annoying, though maybe some SureRide models have push button latch) - the push button latch is fantastic for easy installation and removal. The seat is also very lightweight, which also makes installation and removal easier. It has a very high height limit both rear facing and forward facing - the car seat will last you until your kid is 6 no problem (for reference, my 4 year old is still rear-facing in it). It's quite it's cheap, we got ours for under $100. The only downside is that it is a little wide and may not work if you need three car seats across the backseat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics