Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What kind of high chair do you have?
1  2  Next

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 12:59 pm
What kind of high chair do you have? Do you like it? What's it pros and cons?
Were you able to get another tray for it so you can have a tray for milchigs and fleshigs? If not what do you do about it?

Thank you

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 1:21 pm
We hold that because the food isn't actually hot (since its for a baby) it doesn't require a separate tray, but many people are able to get a second tray by calling the company

rgr

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 1:23 pm
I highly recommend the ikea antelope. It's sturdy, compact and easy to clean (that was the most important for me). Best of all is its price, only $20.
You buy each peice separately, so you can easily buy a second tray

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 1:40 pm
Bloom.
LOVE It for the style, hieght, size etc. I was able to buy it on craiglist as it is an expensive highchair but I bought new inserts and two trays online for m/f.

It is annoying to clean though as food can get stuck underneath the insert and can be a pain to clean. But I loved it enough to deal with it.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 2:09 pm
I have the skip hop! I love the style and its lightweight and durable.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 2:20 pm
Boon
Love mine
Super easy to clean
Can buy extra tray

Teomima

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 2:38 pm
The basic cheap Ikea one. I've used it for all my kids. My parents have the same one for when grandkids are over. They're easy to store when not needed and easy to clean and, if you care about it, easy to get multiple trays for.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:50 pm
Thank you everyone who responded

I should also add that I want it to have some style and be super easy to clean.
I don't really like the ikea one (and there isn't an ikea near me...)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:52 pm
Is the boon appropriate for a baby that can't sit yet? Like a five month old? Looks kind of stiff.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:57 pm
With our first we had the space saver and really enjoyed it. We didn't want it to take up space in the kitchen.
Wow what a price, I think we paid $55.
https://m.toysrus.com/product?.....w_wcB

With our second we were thinking of getting something much bigger like the boon as we had more room but then baby started sitting at the babysitter so nicely with this, so we decided to get one and we never end up getting anything bigger. We loved how easy it was to clean (no padding with crevices), what a small footprint it had, and that it could tuck in under the table once used without a tray when baby was older. Also came with extra trays.
https://jet.com/product/detail.....w_wcB

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:26 pm
I have the boon and I love it. My baby used it at 5.5 months old but if a child can't sit up with support, then they shouldn't really be eating solids anyway.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:33 pm
Have you looked into the keekroo?
I have it for 3 years. 2 kids. Love love love it.
Its pretty. Super easy to clean on a daily basis. And just as easy when you do a good scrub down.
With the big insert my escape-artists/kids couldn't get out of it even if they weren't strapped.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:50 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Have you looked into the keekroo?
I have it for 3 years. 2 kids. Love love love it.
Its pretty. Super easy to clean on a daily basis. And just as easy when you do a good scrub down.
With the big insert my escape-artists/kids couldn't get out of it even if they weren't strapped.

I have it too and love it. My child (3) just started using it without the tray, He now sits at the table with us. Was just telling my husband that my older child (5) really needs it also and we should buy another one.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:53 pm
Wow I didn't realize people get separate trays for M / F. And I'm yeshivish and parents and inlaws Both never did this. Is this chasidish minhag?
( I always make sure the tray is clean if I'm using it from one to the other )

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:
Wow I didn't realize people get separate trays for M / F. And I'm yeshivish and parents and inlaws Both never did this. Is this chasidish minhag?

I actually don't know if you need to have this I just assumed that you did....
I know I have seen that at other people's houses it's like having separate tablecloths/placemats

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:23 pm
Also does anyone have the Phil and ted one? Do you like it?

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:

Nopes. Asfaik not a chassidish thing either.
The only place I've heard of something like this was on imamother.

Food prepared and fed to children are by far not hot enough to render the tray milchig or fleishig. Just wipe it down between meals and your good to go.

I did order antoher try cover for pesach though. Called the company firect ans for $35 (iirc) it was at my doorstep the next week.

Like previous amother wrote, its for all ages.
You can even turn it into a regular nice chair. Even my husband can sit on it.
It can handle up to 250 lbs. Smile
Eta- I was also saying we need another one but we ended up putting the 4 yo into it and got the 3in1 bumbo seat when the 2 yo was an infant.

Last edited by Tzutzie on Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:29 pm
Yes boon is fine for that age. Had a baby that age as a guest for sukkos and sat in the highchair plenty.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:40 pm
I also have the boon and love it. My tray broke and they sent me a replacement free right away. My babies have good head control and I don't start solids until close to six months so it works for me. If your babies are low tone or you like to start solids early you might need something that reclines.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 8:12 pm
Liked phil and teds, ( I actually put mine on Craigslist today.)

It's super easy to clean, would slip off the whole seat about once a month to get what got in through the strap holes-though you'll never see that.

I got it because my dc was climbing out of our prince castle. It's higher than the table.

It has a big footprint. It doesn't look big, but those legs stick out in every direction and that may be an issue in a small space.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics