Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What kind of high chair do you have?
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:21 pm
I got the peg perego as a gift ($250) and never use it because it's annoying to clean. I have a gracious full size high chair that I prefer. My third will start using it soon iyh.

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:23 pm
I agree. Big fancy highchairs are so hard to clean... the tray has seams and holes and the seat has fabric... I couldn't keep ours clean enough and we just threw it out. I got this one:
https://jet.com/product/detail.....D_BwE

Simple, cheap and it is such a pleasure. The baby likes sitting upright and the one piece tray is great. The whole thing is hard plastic and very easy to keep clean. We strapped it very securely to a folding chair.

Re: your question about a second tray, my MIL was kind and bought another tray to use for pesach so we didn't have to cover it. I don't know how she went about ordering it, but she didn't have trouble.

This particular item comes with 2 layers to the tray, so you can technically use one for milchigs and one for fleishigs. However, we tried that and the baby kept pulling the top layer off and throwing it, so we stopped that really quickly. Also, in general high chair trays have a heter to be used for both since you would never put anything very hot on them. But ask your Rav about that. The rav who told us that is very yeshivish.

If you go this route, get this exact item. A friend got a cheaper kind of the same thing and the tray broke very soon. But this item I linked to has a great tray that he gone through a LOT!

yogabird

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:49 pm
We were very happy with the ikea highchair.

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 7:05 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Tr.....4JINU
got it in target. great for young babies/ skinny toddlers. The tray can go pretty close to child and adjusts with one hand.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 8:12 pm
Check out the oribel I love it!!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 1:25 am
Peg Perego Prima Pappa. One tray always as we don't serve hot/on the tray. It's very nice but the wooden old school chair from my in laws is ok too.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:15 pm
Joovy nook. It's inexpensive, it's nice looking and very functional and easy to clean.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:38 pm
Skip Hop TUO. Cool, retro design.

amother
White

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 9:42 am
We had a graco contempo. It was really nice, nothing amazing, but had several features which were great.

Things I liked:
- It had a tray insert over the regular tray. You could use it for milchigs/fleishigs if you hold that way. We don't , and I liked it because it meant that if I didn't get a chance to wash it right after the meal, I still had a nother tray clean and ready and didn't have to sit and scrub with a cranky baby who just wanted to eat.
- It had some reclining positions - great for when my baby was 5 months and couldn't really sit yet.
- It folded flat and stood on its own - easy to slide it next to the fridge or behind a door for storage.
- Removable Washable seat cover - because sometimes the seat would just get so gross that the washing machine was the only good way to clean it. Also great for pesach.
- 5 point harness - most highchairs have this, but critical for keeping them from standing up. Also great for keeping them from sliding out under the buckle (some don't have a strap between the crotch (only a vertical bar on the tray) but baby can slip out under the strap before you put on the tray or if using it at the table - this is a strangulation hazard as well as a fall hazard).
- One hand tray removal at the front of the tray - great for when you are holding a baby or food, and trying to put everything together.

You don't necessarily have to get the graco contempo itself, but these features above are a must in my opinion.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics