Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Where to shop for toddler boy shabbos clothes

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:06 pm
I havr been told my 2 anf 1/2 year old looks too classic on !shabbos(he wore button down check shirt with flat front pants) and I need to go to the jewish store for a jewish look. We don't have much money. Where in brooklyn to go for clothes and shoes?

lucky14

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:17 pm
Shop online at H&M or zara if you are able to. My guess is it'll be cheaper.

Boca00

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:18 pm
If u wanna shop online, you can get nice Shabbos clothes here:
-shirtstop.us
-kidichic
-Zara
-nextdirect

Good luck!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 2:37 am
amother wrote:
I havr been told my 2 anf 1/2 year old looks too classic on !shabbos(he wore button down check shirt with flat front pants) and I need to go to the jewish store for a jewish look. We don't have much money. Where in brooklyn to go for clothes and shoes?

Why not just add a funky sweater to complete the look? Not a matchy color but something that changes it up a bit but still looks that together.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 2:48 am
Judys nook on 16th ave corner 50th street in boro park, has a basement full of last seasons items for 70% off. You need to sift a bit but I’ve already done extremely well there. Worth a try.

SingALong

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 5:20 am
Styledchild.com has last season things for very cheap

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 5:33 am
amother wrote:

If you ask me, you don't "need" to go anywhere. Your son is two. He NEEDS to enjoy Shabbos, not have people stressing around him about whether he looks the part or not. Especially as you don't have £. Please save your £ for something more important. Or better still, perhaps some IMAS in your area can donate to you. But please don't get caught up in what other people have told you about your toddler whom I bet looks gorgeous just as he is.

Jk2018

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 7:46 am
S and D kids ... White button downs are 6.99 now I think and I got a bunch of weekday shirts for about $4/$5 each. Great store and great prices.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:12 am
Thank you very much. I felt hurt. But yes you are right. He looks adorable in his clothes, like super. Just didn't wear a Mandarin colar shirt that is in style in the neighborhood I visit. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

amother wrote:
If you ask me, you don't "need" to go anywhere. Your son is two. He NEEDS to enjoy Shabbos, not have people stressing around him about whether he looks the part or not. Especially as you don't have £. Please save your £ for something more important. Or better still, perhaps some IMAS in your area can donate to you. But please don't get caught up in what other people have told you about your toddler whom I bet looks gorgeous just as he is.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:15 am
He has white button downs not european Mandarin colar ones but regular ones. Thanks for the tips. Maybe when I buy clothes for him for peach I will check out s and d.

Jk2018 wrote:
S and D kids ... White button downs are 6.99 now I think and I got a bunch of weekday shirts for about $4/$5 each. Great store and great prices.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:19 am
Thanks for the tips ladies. I will check out these places for the next round of clothes for him.

Can you post some examples of what you dress your toddler boys in for shabbos? How much do you spend? And where do you shop?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:41 am
You should have a nice set of clothes for him special for shabbos.
That’s it.
Classy sounds perfect. You said that’s what he was wearing.
Don’t listen to people. You’re good.

Zehava

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 9:57 am
I got some nice sweaters from H&M and Zara. Paired with flat front pants and a white shirt they look very shabbosdig.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 11:57 am
amother wrote:

Who on earth told you such a thing? He's 2 for gosh sake. Dress him however you like.

Note that I'm not commenting on anyone who LIKES to dress their sons in the "Jewish look," whatever that might be. Gey gezunterheyt, as my grandmother (a"h) would have said. Its a CHOICE, not a necessity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics