Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Homeowners Insurance?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 4:55 am
We have recently fulfilled a long-held dream and bought an apartment in Israel. Right now it's an investment apartment which we have rented to a young couple, but the plans are iyh to move to Israel when the time is right for us.

It occurred to me that we have no insurance at all on the apartment, and that doesn't seem so smart to me. Can anyone direct us to an insurance agent who can advise us as to what insurance we need?

Also, I'd be interested to hear from homeowners in Israel as to what insurance they feel is necessary (so we don't get sold a lot of stuff we don't really need.)

Thanks!

hila

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 7:48 am
www.egertcohen.co.il/

I think you probably just need on the building , and the young couple on the insurance

Amarante

Post Tue, Oct 17 2017, 11:53 am
Since you are renting it out, in addition to insurance actually on the unit - but not the furniture and personal belongings, you should also get insurance to cover liability if someone is hurt since you are the landlord.

In the US, typically homeowners insurance also covers personal injuries up to a certain amount but with exclusions but the insurance requirements for a landlord are different than for a homeowner who lives in the unit since the liability issues are different. For example, theoretically a renter could sue for damages because there is something wrong with the unit that causes injury.

I would contact an insurance agent in Israel and find out what kind of liability insurance landlords in Israel typically carry.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 3:51 pm
Thanks for the link, hila. The agent asked me who recommended their agency and I kind of didn't know what to answer, lol.

Thanks for the tip about liability insurance, Amarante.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions