Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Dyslexic typing

grin

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 7:58 am
in case you ahven't noticed by now, I tend to type dyslexic (well, I correct most of my mistakes before I submit them), but here's a note of apporval, straight from the Ascent of Safed website:

Quote:
A Reading Test from Cambridge University
Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh, and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !

P.S. From webmaster YT: I love this one. I intend to show it to all my students who complain about having to read Hebrew without vowels.

greenfire

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 9:18 am
yup have seen that before ... I think a certain amount of all this website typing makes me make spelling errors that I ordinarily wouldn't ... like typing "through" instead of "threw" ... or "alot" instead of "a lot" ... the list goes on ...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 11:05 am
I don't know if it's true dyslexia..it could have something to do with hand motion, I remembermy tying teachr saying something about "bounce".

shlumzmum

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 11:07 am
don't forget that alot of women here are not american or english and have a harder time with spelling

grin

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 4:43 am
well, I was born and raised in the US but have been here since sem. (you figure out how many years...) but actaully, I think it's just that I'm thinking faster than my untrained fingers are used to typing.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 7:59 am
Funny that you're the one who posted this...since there's another poster with the screenname GR!!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:07 am
oh, that’s right, although she’;s Upper Case
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics