Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving for health, but where!?
Previous  1  2

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:20 pm
Arizona is great for asthma & some health issues but it can get very dry & hot in the summer. Though not humid.
In the real brutal heat u can stay indoors with the AC on & at night it cools down.

Justlookup

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 4:33 am
What about looking into ways of dealing with/healing your allergies? Today there are so many modes of healing... If you're in Brooklyn I would recommend serving Dr tabick, or looking into quality aromatherapy like doTERRA, or kinesiology... there are lots of things out there that can actually heal allergies. Maybe that way you'll be able to stay in the community you love, price you can afford and handle the weather...

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 6:45 am
The allergies are an additional complication that rule out places w a lot of rain or smog.
My health issues are life-long and have no cure.
I suffer tremendously each day, and it obviously impacts my family as well. If I can live in a place where I am less impacted by the weather, and is somewhat walkable, so I am not housebound, it might decrease my suffering.
Does anyone know about Nashville or Memphis- I was scrolling thru threads here about moving & saw those locations.
How are they weatherwise, community wise?
I wish I knew someone irl to ask these things, but I don't so I turn to you wise amothers!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 6:48 am
Sorry powderblue, missed your post: my current community is a very nice place to live -peoplewise, however I am very affected by the weather and lack of walkability that often leaves me housebound.
I don't know why ppl keep saying Israel as I did mention twice that outside of the US is not feasible.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 6:53 am
If you don't want heat, don't do Israel or Florida or Arizona...
But people will say Israel because you know, they feel like you're their project. They won't be the one in tremendous pain after.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 7:10 am
Ruchel wrote:
If you don't want heat, don't do Israel or Florida or Arizona...
But people will say Israel because you know, they feel like you're their project. They won't be the one in tremendous pain after.

Ok Ruchel we get it you hate Israel.

doctorima

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 7:28 am
Memphis is a small, but reasonable OOT community. Nashville is much smaller, so I'd look into Memphis first. You could also try Norfolk or Richmond, though they may be too hot in the summer.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 7:40 am
I moved to northern Israel for this very reason. My fibromyalgia is 80% better!

Try looking into communities in the south west of the US. You may have to try for a very small community with a Chabad shul, to find something affordable.

Try going to the Chabad website and looking up shul locations in southwest states, then contact the rabbis and ask them about what it's like to live there, if they have schools for the kids, etc. They will be extremely helpful!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 8:13 am
I did look into Richmond/norfolk but they didn't work weather-wise.
Ff, your idea is great but most of these tiny communities have no high schools , so that adds complications & guilt of possibly sending my kids away.

doctorima

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 8:21 am
You can't have everything. At some point, you need to prioritize and decide what is a need and what is a want. Along the lines of FF's idea, if you're willing to go far OOT for a nice small community with great weather and not too spread out, look into Santa Fe, NM.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 8:25 am
charlotte nc

lavenderchimes

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 8:47 am
amother wrote:
I did look into Richmond/norfolk but they didn't work weather-wise.
Ff, your idea is great but most of these tiny communities have no high schools , so that adds complications & guilt of possibly sending my kids away.
o

I think FF's idea is brilliant! Chabad will be able to tell you what your options are -- they will also have kids to educate.

I know some people in the PNW, and have put out an inquiry as to how allergies affect them.

You should really find out if dry heat bothers you. A trip to a spa might help you figure that out?

I have a friend who grew up in Memphis/New Orleans, and I get the impression that it was pretty hot and humid in the summer. The whole soithern East Coast is like that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating