Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Awesome Restaurant in or near Monsey ISO recommendations
1  2  3  Next

debsey

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:36 pm
So, I need to take some people out (clients) for a nice, upscale dinner near Monsey. These are not people who are used to kosher restaurants, so I want it to be a place that's more upscale and quiet.

Any restaurant in or around Monsey that has nice ambience, quieter, and good food and service? Milchigs or Fleishigs doesn't matter.

TIA!

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:40 pm
I think that Fireside is probably your best bet in Monsey. Many places there also cater to families and won't have the quiet, upscale ambience you're looking for.

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:47 pm
I like to ogle the photos on this kosher restaurant Facebook group. People LOVE fireside. The photos people take look amazing.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:03 pm
I've heard that Fireside is over rated but I would t know because I've never eaten there. I do know that both my DHs boss and my boss take their non Jewish clients there.
Otherwise your next bet is going to ETC or NOBO in Teaneck

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:04 pm
There's a nice Chinese place called Mandarin in Monsey. And Factory 220 in Passaic is very different, but very cool.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:05 pm
Also The Ridge is a great Fleishig/Sushi place. Amazing sushi/ on Saddle River Road in the Chestnut Ridge area

Last edited by thunderstorm on Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:05 pm
Can I hear more about Factory 220?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:06 pm
Fireside is not overrated. It's fantastic. And I don't live anywhere near it

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:08 pm
pesek zman wrote:

4 of my coworkers discouraged me from going there but everyone else I know loves the place

climbing613

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:09 pm
Another vote for fireside!

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:10 pm
cnc wrote:

Sure, it's located in downtown Passaic. Looks like a factory but the inside is a very modern mix of unfinished "factory type" and upscale... It's really interesting and something different. The food is great, the service is fantastic.

You can google pics for a better idea of what I mean if you like.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:10 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Our experience there was awful. Service was bad. Food was bad. When the waiter was told that one entree was inedible, he replied, "oh" and walked away.

Physical plant is also not what I would anticipate for a nice restaurant. Your clients might be puzzled by the lack of sinks in the restrooms, for example.

Do yourself a favor and go to Teaneck.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:11 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I've heard that Fireside is over rated but I would t know because I've never eaten there. I do know that both my DHs boss and my boss take their non Jewish clients there.
Otherwise your next bet is going to ETC or NOBO in Teaneck

Fireside is overrated and has a very heimish atmosphere that your clients might not appreciate. Both etc and nobo are better.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:15 pm
cnc wrote:

Well, I'd recommend Fireside over that.

The single worst restaurant experience I've ever had.

Every dish was served cold to lukewarm. When we complained, there was no attempt made to rectify the situation. And most of the food was just plain bad.

We tried dessert, since our entrees were inedible and we were hungry. Cold as well. When we asked about that, the waiter said he was new, was it supposed to be heated? (I can't recall exactly what it was, but it was something like a molten cake.)

OTOH, it is a very nice space.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:16 pm
I've never been to Fireside but just the fact that it's in Evergreen/Town Square woukd make me hesitant to bring clients there. I don't think a nice place like you're looking for exists in Monsey.

crust

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
Fireside has a very

I dont know much about the food or the crowd but Fireside is definitely not a quiet place.

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
Well, I'd recommend Fireside over that.

The single worst restaurant experience I've ever had.

Every dish was served cold to lukewarm. When we complained, there was no attempt made to rectify the situation. And most of the food was just plain bad.

We tried dessert, since our entrees were inedible and we were hungry. Cold as well. When we asked about that, the waiter said he was new, was it supposed to be heated? (I can't recall exactly what it was, but it was something like a molten cake.)

OTOH, it is a very nice space.

Ok, this was completely not my (or my friend's) experiences there.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
I've never been to Fireside but just the fact that it's in Evergreen/Town Square woukd make me hesitant to bring clients there. I don't think a nice place like you're looking for exists in Monsey.

Notwithstanding the location, and the strange restrooms, it actually is a very pretty space. And FTR, I'm not "heimish" and was not made to feel uncomfortable. I just didn't think it was a good restaurant.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:

The Ridge is a place where many people take their clients. I've heard non Jews rave about the place

amother
White

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 6:46 pm
I would go to fireside any day over the ridge. Been there once and did not like it. Tables were crazy close together and it was crazy crazy noisy.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries