Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Awesome Restaurant in or near Monsey ISO recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
I've never been to Fireside but just the fact that it's in Evergreen/Town Square woukd make me hesitant to bring clients there. I don't think a nice place like you're looking for exists in Monsey.

This.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 7:07 pm
Go to Teaneck.

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 7:27 pm
We have had lovely experiences at Fireside. There is an upstairs that I have never been to. It is possibly quieter. Call and ask them.

No one mentioned KYO. They are a Japanese resturant. They used to be the only upscale place in town. They have rooms with low Japanese style tables and paperwalls in the back.

The Ridge is a storefront in a strip mall. It is not elegant. Similarly, I would stay far away from Mandarin. They cater to families. Ketchup is served with the sushi. And no one is willing to ask the parents to watch their kids when they are acting up.

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
Go to Teaneck.

I've seen business meetings at Nobo and Etc often.
Etc is a little quieter IME.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 8:37 pm
I would go to fireside over etc and nobo anytime. The food is phenomenal over there! I live in Brooklyn and travel in a lot to eat there. Though it is usually full and pretty noisy. I would suggest you call and find out if ou could go upstairs which is usually closed.
My experience with factory 220 was horrible!! Firstly, the entrance was through a neglected parking lot, with shattered beer bottles and garbage all over. (Maybe because they were doing construction we had to go in through the back, trying to be dlkz...) That turned us off completely. The steaks we got were extremely charred and had no taste whatsoever.
My sister ate there and had a great experience, with great food. So I'm not sure what the story with them is....

DREAMING

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 10:15 pm
Nobu

happy to be me

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 11:07 am
Hoping you had a successful dinner wherever it was. Where did you end up going and what's your opinion of the place?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:00 pm
cnc wrote:
Can I hear more about Factory 220?

It's called Great Falls Bistro at Factory 220. It originally opened as a Tapas restaurant but they added full side entrees. We've gone twice and enjoyed it. We had an issue with one item and they replaced it no problem.

I would not go to Fireside with business associates. The parking lot is such a turn off. I have not actually eaten there because while I've heard amazing reviews I've also heard enough awful ones to make me try everywhere else first.

Nobo and Etc would both be great for a business meeting. Etc does not have a bar if that matters to you. You can bring your own (closed, kosher, mevushal) wine.

debsey

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:39 pm
happy to be me wrote:
Hoping you had a successful dinner wherever it was. Where did you end up going and what's your opinion of the place?

Didn't go yet - I'm preparing for something in 2 weeks.

I told my husband we're just going to have to check these places out for ourselves. Consider it work. It's a stern duty, but I'll have to undertake it.

I can't do Teaneck because I've taken this group to Nobu so many times, I feel like I need to do something else. The whole kashrus thing is a bit of a problem with this particular group because there's one person in the group who considers herself Orthodox, but would eat in a non-kosher restaurant (I guess she's careful what she orders) so she can be a bit snippy. It's a bit complicated, the dynamics in this situation.

I'm going to check out the one in Passaic and see if it would work.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:40 pm
debsey wrote:
Didn't go yet - I'm preparing for something in 2 weeks.

I told my husband we're just going to have to check these places out for ourselves. Consider it work. It's a stern duty, but I'll have to undertake it.

I can't do Teaneck because I've taken this group to Nobu so many times, I feel like I need to do something else. The whole kashrus thing is a bit of a problem with this particular group because there's one person in the group who considers herself Orthodox, but would eat in a non-kosher restaurant (I guess she's careful what she orders) so she can be a bit snippy. It's a bit complicated, the dynamics in this situation.

I'm going to check out the one in Passaic and see if it would work.

You could try etc then it’s very quiet and perfect for a meeting.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:54 pm
I'd recommend going to Teaneck over Monsey. Fireside is crowded & in a shopping center.

debsey

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
You could try etc then it’s very quiet and perfect for a meeting.

I've had mixed experiences in etc. Nobu is out. Mocha Bleu is too noisy in the evening. Anything else in Teaneck? I don't think there are any other better dining venues there that serve alcoholic beverages as well as offering a full, upscale menu and nice ambience.

I'm going to try out Factory 220 next week and see if I like it and if it's the right place for this meeting. Their menu sounds right. The pics of their space look good too.

What I'm getting from this convo is that all these places are glaringly uneven. I hear rave reviews and then total disaster reviews, which means they all probably have high staff turnover.

Maya

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 4:13 pm
Squishy wrote:
We have had lovely experiences at Fireside. There is an upstairs that I have never been to. It is possibly quieter. Call and ask them.

No one mentioned KYO. They are a Japanese resturant. They used to be the only upscale place in town. They have rooms with low Japanese style tables and paperwalls in the back.

The Ridge is a storefront in a strip mall. It is not elegant. Similarly, I would stay far away from Mandarin. They cater to families. Ketchup is served with the sushi. And no one is willing to ask the parents to watch their kids when they are acting up.

You're right, Squishy. No one mentioned KYO, and I don't know why they're always ignored. I like eating there and even I forgot it existed.

It's not a beautiful place, but it's quiet and pretty appropriate for a business dinner, and the food is good.

Boca00

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 4:17 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I'd recommend going to Teaneck over Monsey. Fireside is crowded & in a shopping center.

Where in Teaneck do you recommend?

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 6:53 pm
There's a very nice dairy resteraunt & their food is so delicious. I forgot the name though... if anyone can enlighten me.

Boca00

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 7:06 pm
Purple pear?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 7:12 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
There's a very nice dairy resteraunt & their food is so delicious. I forgot the name though... if anyone can enlighten me.

Al Di La

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 7:17 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Purple pear?

Or Mocha Bleu. Both very good.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 7:26 pm
I agree that if its for business you should go to KYO. I totally love the food at fireside and the Ridge, but neither of these provide the classy atmosphere for a business dinner. KYO definitely does.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 7:26 pm
Please don't step into Al Di La, it's a disgusting pizza shop.
I meant in Teaneck, maybe Mocha Bleu.
Their food & desserts are awesome.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries