Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What would you do?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:15 pm
It's so hard to make this decision. We are living in a 1 bedroom apartment with 2 kids. We desperately need to get out of our apt! Besides for the small space, we have not so great neighbors living under us (mother and older son, not Jewish, who complain about noise and are just creepy... son once came up to our apt banging with a bat telling us the reason he is on drugs is because of us! And we weren't even making any noise at that time). Also no washer dryer, which we need Especially now with 2 kids, bh. We made a bedroom out of our living space but it's not good (no window, very small). We have been living this way for a while so got used to it but really need to get out!). The only big plus is that both our kids are in school/by the babysitter literally a 30 sec walk from our apt! Another plus- we moved in 5 years ago so paying much less than we would if moved to a 2 bedroom. We would be paying about $700/800 more per month if moved!We just found an apt about 10 min walk away. 1st floor so won't be any complaints with noise, washer dryer. Not that big (prob same size as our apt now) but 2 bedrooms. I guess space divided up differently. Much more expensive and not the convenience of our kids being right across the street. Concerned with having to take my kids (drive) to school/babysitter in the cold weather and then having to rush off to work in the morning. The babysitter would also have to walk both kids from there to the new apt in the cold weather because the family we share a babysitter with gets home earlier than me and doesn't want all kids in her apt at that point. Easiest would be to just to stay put. Wwyd?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:25 pm
Really comes down to:

More (normal) living space, have to take kids to school, extra $700 vs. 4 people in 1 bedroom, convenient drop off for kids, $700 less.
First of all if you simply don't have the money then there's nothing to talk about. If you can afford the move then I would say you should move. 4 people in 1 bedroom is crazy. Not to mention what's gonna be in 2 or 3 years from now? Might be another baby and even if not, you'll have bigger kids sharing a room with you. Not a healthy way to live if you can afford otherwise.
Hatslacha!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:31 pm
Op here. Thanks for your response. I should add that we don't plan on living here long term so the 2-3 years from now wouldn't make a difference. Wanted to k is what's best for us to do right now. If we end up moving to this 2 bedroom, we may end up moving again (OOT) in another year.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:43 pm
I think stay out.
You'd be saving close to $20,000 over two years
And you're using your living space as bedroom space so not like having two kids in your bedroom

If this was a long term plan is say go, but to move again in two years?

Then again, the creepy neighbors... But who's to say that the other place won't have some of those either??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating